PDA

View Full Version : 19 inch Wheels with S Line (1BV) Suspension

Bratty
16-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Would like to know if there are any A4 B8 owners who have the minus 30mm (1BV) suspension and fitted Original Audi 19 inch alloys with the 255/35 tyre combo.
I know it is not recomended by AUDI!!?!! But has anyone done it and if so what problems have you encountered?

Cheers Dunk

robtt09
17-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Do not know answer to your query but two friends with A5 on 19inch wheels are both suffering from punctures and write off tyres after hitting pot holes at speed.Expensive business if you are not a company car driver and have to pay yourself !

ScottyUK
17-05-2010, 09:56 PM
That's why I took out the tyre insurance ;)

kodkod.84
18-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Yes tyre insurance is good idea- I got it from STS Tyrepros when I had new tyres, £15 a tyre and covers vandalism, blow-outs, unfixable punctures etc. Used it twice now- definitely worth it.

18" tyres are expensive enough, dread to think what 19" cost!

Bratty
01-06-2010, 04:36 AM
Done a bit of digging around and as far as I can determine the biggest problem is that the rear tyre contacts the inner plastic wing when FULLY! loaded. But NOT!! always? Seems that there are slight differences between tyre manufacturers side wall height (ie type and thicknesses of tread).

Dunk

certacito
01-06-2010, 06:39 PM
I deliberated over this congifguration for a while and decided to go for it, no probs with Audi or the salesman.

I'm getting the S-Line Special Edition with the 19" wheels and the 30mm dropped suspension.

Ordered a few weeks ago now and not heard from them advising me to change this configuration.

Bratty
02-06-2010, 04:01 PM
I would be amazed if your car gets through the factory build with that combo, because of Austria and Switzerland (two of the most strict tüv countries) as well as the more liberal Germany. Quite honestly the Factory has a default to not let it happen (as of MY2010 car built last year) and for your dealership to retro change them will be so expensive for them!!

I wait to be enlightened, but I honestly hope that your car comes as ordered:beerchug:. Phone up Customer Services and ask have you 1BV (-30mm) with 19 inch wheels.

Dunk

ScottyUK
02-06-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm getting the S-Line Special Edition with the 19" wheels and the 30mm dropped suspension.

Sorry to say I'll take a fiver bet if you like ? :(

Bratty
03-06-2010, 11:33 PM
OK!! I have bought the A5 19 inch wheels for my A4. Just to make my life even harder than it needs to be, they are 9J X 19 et33. I have done me calculations and as far as I can work out the biggest prob (apart from they aint going to fit!!) is that they stick an extra 26.5 mm out, from the stock 18 inchwheels!!?!!.

Dunk

Bratty
04-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Anyone know what the ET is on the 8.5J X 19 Origial AUDI Alloywheels is?

Cheers, Dunk

MFGF
09-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Anyone know what the ET is on the 8.5J X 19 Origial AUDI Alloywheels is?

Cheers, Dunk

This is the stamp on the back of my spare wheel:

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss35/MFGF1/A6%20Pics/IMGP1307.jpg

Hope that helps!

MF.

Bratty
09-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Cheers MFGF, thanks for going to the bother of looking. Would that spare wheel be of an A6?

I was completely surprised when I found out what the ET on wheels actually meant!! (I had always assumed it was the distance from the outside of the rim to the flat face of the wheel that touches the hub!!). Wrong.

And hence all my calculations are in the bin :aargh4:.

Dunk

MFGF
09-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Would that spare wheel be of an A6?

Spot on. I'm 99% sure they are exactly the same wheels as on the A4 B8, though.

Bratty
09-06-2010, 04:26 PM
I have come to the conclusion that the wheels that i have bought are going to be 12.6mm too wide (which is not just due to the 8.5J versus the 9J, ie.half-inch, but because of the ET!!?!!), which is not a prob because there are lots of people of searching for them on the German websites.

The fact is you really have to do your homework by working out EVERY wheel combo that is allowed (to work out "how far "in" you can go" and "how far "out" you can go") and then calculate:aargh4:.

German MOT will not allow the -30mm s line with 19 X 8.5J 255/35 combo.

Dunk

certacito
09-06-2010, 07:26 PM
I called my dealer today to ask if I had a build week, which I don't yet but also asked for confirmation that my order had been accepted with the 19" 7 spoke alloys (standard n the special edition) and the-30mm dropped suspension.

I was told that I have a commission number and the order had been accepted with no problems, furthermore they have a demonstrator with 19" wheels and -30mm suspension so it appears whatever the issue was Adi ae now allowing -30mm and 19" wheels.

Bratty
10-06-2010, 02:02 AM
I hope that you are right. And if there have been changes to the inner wing issues then it will always be possible to retro fit the parts (like inner wings at the rear that have been causing probs).

But trying not to be confrontational:Blush:, next time you are at the dealership just have a look in the glove box (of that vehicle that has the 19 inch wheels and -30mm suspension) and have a look at the service book. On the first inside page there are the main build codes. If the code 1BE (-20mm) is there instead of 1BV (-30mm) I would not be surprised (I am willing to take it on the chin and buy you a beer if I am wrong:o). But my experiences have shown that NOBODY checks the cars for this and hence the factory default kicks in and even though the order was placed by the dealership they ASSUME:confused:.

Good luck.

Dunk

ScottyUK
10-06-2010, 04:50 PM
I called my dealer today to ask if I had a build week, which I don't yet but also asked for confirmation that my order had been accepted with the 19" 7 spoke alloys (standard n the special edition) and the-30mm dropped suspension.

I was told that I have a commission number and the order had been accepted with no problems, furthermore they have a demonstrator with 19" wheels and -30mm suspension so it appears whatever the issue was Adi ae now allowing -30mm and 19" wheels.

Are you wishing you'd taken my £5 bet? :D

To be honest I'm tempted to keep it open....but maybe something has changed. :beerchug:

certacito
10-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Are you wishing you'd taken my £5 bet? :D

To be honest I'm tempted to keep it open....but maybe something has changed. :beerchug:

I'm still as dubious as some of you are.

I'm not fussed either way as I wasn't sure it was worth an extra 10mm lower suspesion Vs the firmer ride. I just want to let others know it's possibly now available as an option (subject to confirmation) :confused:

I'll let you know about the bet when I take delivery :D

certacito
10-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Quick update - I couldn't bear the suspense so I called Audi UK (not my dealer) and asked them to call up my order using my comms number.......

1BV (30mm drop) is listed on the Audi Factory order sheet so they confirmed that it will be fitted.

Time will tell.

ScottyUK
10-06-2010, 08:54 PM
I really hope you get what you want .... especially since it won't cost me ;)

Bratty
11-06-2010, 08:07 AM
I have absolutely no probs putting my money where my mouth is! (probably a few people believe that to be in my nether region;)). But I will need "Proof of Life" ie. need to see the service book codes on one page confirming build status including both 1BV and the code for your choice of 19 inchers:p. The AUDI buying experience left me almost obsessive about finding out the info required to make sure that my order would arrive as planned (as "I KNEW IT WOULD NOT!! AND IT DID NOT!! Despite warning them that they had made errors).

At the end of the day the difference between the two set-ups is minimal, and optically carry out the same job ie. make the car look MEAN!

Dunk

Bratty
16-06-2010, 11:07 PM
OK, got me wheels and Jolly nice they are too! (But they are MASSIVE @ 9J X 19) fitted them without tyres to see what clearence issues there are and have to say !!?!! They are on the EXTREME LIMIT but at the back they look OK at the front its another story, they are slightly too far out but still do-able.

Spoke to the German TÜV (MOT) man today and he is also sitting on the fence, in principle it is a legal combination (very important here in Germanland). So now I am sitting on the fence too!! Do I want to spend another wad on tyres or just flog them on to the a5 FORUM:confused:.

Dunk

Bratty
16-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Sorry Pics!

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx277/gudgin/audi001.jpg

Dunk

Bratty
16-06-2010, 11:45 PM
OMG!

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx277/gudgin/audi002.jpg

Dunk

Hippogriff
17-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Quick update - I couldn't bear the suspense so I called Audi UK (not my dealer) and asked them to call up my order using my comms number.......

1BV (30mm drop) is listed on the Audi Factory order sheet so they confirmed that it will be fitted.

Time will tell.

certacito, I noticed the following in your signature "AMI" and "(Also got an Audi Anniversary HDD on order)" and I wanted to point out to you the fact that this Audi disk is 2.5" in size, so it will not fit into your brand new AMI (3G variant I am assuming) netting in the globebox... at least not snugly. It is intended for cars with the 2G AMI variant, i.e. the big tray in the glovebox.

Unless something has changed with this disk, then I know of where I speak, because I had one (as well as some 2.5" Western Digital My Passport disks) and none of these fit snugly in the netting, they have to be forced in and then sit at a funny angle.

On top of this, the Audi Anniversary disk is 250GB in size - and you cannot use all this space as the AMI (3G variant) has a limit of 4,000 Tracks. Assuming 320kbps MP3s that take, on average, 10mb, then that 4,000 Tracks only eats up 40GB and the rest of that space is then wasted. With 2G, there was no limit to the number of Tracks.

The Audi disk is also pretty crap and very overpriced. Audi actually gave me mine for free after bad advice regarding the 4,000 limit - like me, they couldn't understand why Audi even created a disk that you couldn't use properly in their latest cars. There was promise of allowing all the space to be used and even allowing video files to be played, but they stepped back from that when I was dealing with them.

With the bigger disks (physically and capacity) in my 3G AMI variant, the My Passport disks (320GB) took ages to display the Tracks on the disk when I started the car - I'm talking about several minutes. It also 'forgot' which Track I was playing last time and always started playing the beginning of the first Track, on the first Album of the first Artist!

I finally ended up with a 1.8" Samsung S1 - in 160GB - it's sitting snugly in the netting and starts up almost instantly each time the car is started, and it remembers what I was listening to - it's how the USB disk connectivity should work. Sure, it's 160GB - but that's about the smallest capacity you can get these days without trying too hard. I couldn't recommend this disk more!

Anyway - things might have changed, and (if they have) I would love to know - so I can get a software upgrade (if that will help)... but if nothing has changed, then I'd beware on this front.

Sorry for thread hijacking... I wanted to ensure the point was made.

certacito
17-06-2010, 08:52 PM
certacito, I noticed the following in your signature "AMI" and "(Also got an Audi Anniversary HDD on order)" .....

Thanks for all the useful info.

I knew when I bought it that it was too expensive and a 'bit of a Gimmick' but it was an impulse buy immediately after I ordered and I thought in for a penny....

I did however expect it to fit and work flawlessly in my (soon to be) new A4:(

I haven't opted for any tech pack so just have the B&O with AMI and no MMI.

I've made a note of the HDD you have so will hunt that down in need be.

Ta.

Love the wheels Bratty, sehr schön

Bratty
18-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Just like to say that I used the vehicles car-jack and other parafanalia!:(!

Make sure that you make yourself aware of where all the items are and how the are released sooner rather than later! To go through the procedure on a Cold Autumn Night when it is pee-ing down would at best frustrate you! At worst you will want to do the "Inc Hulk" routine and smash all the plastic retaining clips (especially the wheel locking key and car jack):aargh4:.

Unless of course you don´t have that option and have the "Temp Repair" Kit;).

Dunk

Bratty
18-06-2010, 02:35 PM
This is the one that has mee ring twitching!! Front Right

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx277/gudgin/audi006.jpg

And not just because of Athletes foot!, but the car is jacked and the camber is positive, but I will just for the interest of sceince put at least one tyre on and see what happens :o:o

Dunk.

Bratty
22-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Certacito, if you are correct with the WK22 thenI owe you a Beer!!:beerchug:, Which I will (willingly) pay for!! It makes my life easier because I just have to order the new inner-wings. lets see:Blush:.

Dunk

certacito
22-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Certacito, if you are correct with the WK22 thenI owe you a Beer!!:beerchug:, Which I will (willingly) pay for!! It makes my life easier because I just have to order the new inner-wings. lets see:Blush:.

Dunk

I've pestered the life out of them to get a definitive answer on this so their either BS'ing big time or they made some mod around week 22.

Let hope it helps with your wheels issue but I think the ET on your 19" rims are different from the 7 spoke special edition rims (ET48). Not sure if that will be a factor for you.

Where are you in Germany, I worked over there for about 15 years?

Bratty
23-06-2010, 10:56 AM
We live in the Soest area, in Germanland. The good thing now is that you can actually buy proper English Bacon at the supermarkets!! Its almost civilised;).

Dunk

certacito
23-06-2010, 08:56 PM
We live in the Soest area, in Germanland. The good thing now is that you can actually buy proper English Bacon at the supermarkets!! Its almost civilised;).

Dunk

I never served too near Soest but did a little climbing around there. Mainly Osnabruck (twice), Detmold & Geilenkirchen.

Yoy can't prefer a bacon buttie to a currywurst or even a bratty for that matter.

I do miss the food festivals in Os alt stadt and my annual trips to Bavaria :beerchug:

Bratty
24-06-2010, 11:29 PM
The time I spent in Detmold, I could have done Armed robbery with the same sentence;). Seriously though must say my Military times in Germany certainly make me look back with rose-coloured specs, I just did not appreciate it at the time! (still! did the ski,mounteneering instructer thing and I really miss that now!!?!!).

Blöd civvies;)

Dunk

Bratty
08-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Managed to fit 19 X 9J (A5 with ET 33) with 255/35 tyres!

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx277/gudgin/car004.jpg

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx277/gudgin/car003.jpg
Dunk

MFGF
08-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Those are *VERY* nice wheels Dunk. Bet you're glad you didn't give up when you thought they might not fit. Just make sure Mrs Bratty doesn't introduce them to a kerb, though! :D

Cheers!

MF.

certacito
08-07-2010, 07:33 PM
WooHoo as my easily excitable daughter in law might say, justifibily so in this case, looking good.

Any pics from the rear (not a fetish) just want to see what the 255's look like?

I've put my collection off till 1st Sep to get the new 60 plate.

BTW, what was your cap badge?

Bratty
08-07-2010, 11:22 PM
Cheers :beerchug: MFGF, They are nice wheels, but I have to say that they are really on the max for width (ie. 9J with 255), the wheel itself is slightly proud at the front ,by one or two mm, but the tyre slopes in. On the whole it is a Very aggressive wheel combo and the pictures do not do it justice,its a very 3D wheel design.

certacito, the prob is that from the rear with 255 tyres the combo is not the same ie. what I have fitted, is like your 19 inch wheels but with spacers fitted (but not physically) because the A5 wheels have an offset of 35 they sit further out. I will take a pic anyway just to get you salvating;).

Oh I was REME

Dunk (By the way take out tyre insurance cause they are REALLY REALLY expensive to replace ;))

dan172
09-07-2010, 08:24 PM
The time I spent in Detmold, I could have done Armed robbery with the same sentence;). Seriously though must say my Military times in Germany certainly make me look back with rose-coloured specs, I just did not appreciate it at the time! (still! did the ski,mounteneering instructer thing and I really miss that now!!?!!).

Blöd civvies;)

Dunk

Small world, I spent time in Detmold as my old man was in the REME too! 9Rgt and 71 Aircraft Workshops...

Bratty
09-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Dan, I find the world is smaller than ever, I bump into peeps all the time, but as often my memory fails me with the name! say Hello to your Dad.:beerchug:.

Dunk

certacito
10-07-2010, 10:02 AM
(By the way take out tyre insurance cause they are REALLY REALLY expensive to replace ;))

Tell me about it, I've been pricing them since I ordered the Special Edition and there aren't a lot of cheap 255/35 tyres out there.

Is tyre insurance worth it? I've generally only had to replace due to wear and I understand that's not covered.

Back to Detmold, I was with 20 Armd Bde in Hobart Barracks and lived on the Hakedahl - R Sigs Tels Tech. Happy days :beerchug:

dan172
13-07-2010, 07:33 PM
I was in the dealership this evening checking up on the latest delivery status, "Awaiting Shipment" I was told...

Anyway, whilst in there I asked the Salesman (a different one to the one whom sold me the car), if he could tell me what options had been included/fitted. I also stated that I had opted for the S-Line Sport suspension. At that point he stopped and said that it would not be fitted to the Special ED due to the wheels blah blah... As soon as he had said that the page popped up on screen with the options on it and it included the S-Line Sport suspension to his amazement.
He then went straight to the brochure and looked down the options and saw it was available and said "they must have resolved the issues". I then asked what issues and he replied that the tire used to rub the inside liner.

I am a little more confident now that it will turn up on the service book as the Salesman said that if the option showed up on screen it is very likely that it's fitted.

Although, stanger things have happened as we're all aware!

"No more than two weeks" he said :rolleyes:

certacito
15-07-2010, 02:04 PM
That's great news, sounds like they have backed up what I was told that it was resolved around week 22. Just need to order in some pain killers now for the back pain that will no doubt come from those 19" low profile tyres and the -30mm suspension. It'll be worth it though.

Just recieved an email from my dealer:-

... "Your A4 was built on schedule. It has left the factory and has safely arrived at Emden, the port in Germany.

Your car is currently awaiting shipment to the UK and is still on target for delivery to you early September"...

It looks like they might have met my original delivery of 30th July but they had advised that they wouldn't so I've forked out to get my current car taxed and MOT'd as it expired 31st July.

I'm already regretting asking themto delay the delivery now until the 1st Sep for the new '60 plate but I know it will be better in the long run.

dan172
15-07-2010, 07:58 PM
That's great news, sounds like they have backed up what I was told that it was resolved around week 22. Just need to order in some pain killers now for the back pain that will no doubt come from those 19" low profile tyres and the -30mm suspension. It'll be worth it though.

Just recieved an email from my dealer:-

... "Your A4 was built on schedule. It has left the factory and has safely arrived at Emden, the port in Germany.

Your car is currently awaiting shipment to the UK and is still on target for delivery to you early September"...

It looks like they might have met my original delivery of 30th July but they had advised that they wouldn't so I've forked out to get my current car taxed and MOT'd as it expired 31st July.

I'm already regretting asking themto delay the delivery now until the 1st Sep for the new '60 plate but I know it will be better in the long run.

Yes it would seem that this is going to happen then. I am also getting more concerned about the ride quality too, the more I think about it the worse I'm imagining it to be. Like you say though, it'll be fine...

So your car is at port with mine!? :beerchug:

I called up my dealership today to get the latest to be told that the car is still at port waiting to board a vessel. It has been there since the 5th! (There must be a boat soon!? I should have cycled to Bavaria and driven it back myself!)
Then I was told that the computer network/system has been taken down until the 22nd July for a new network/system. This means that as there will be no network/computer system, that the car can't be registered until the network is on line again on the 22nd... So at best I'll see the car on the 22/23rd!

It'll be interesting to hear if this is computer thingy is nation wide or just Salisbury?

Amazing - 5 weeks late at best... I sold my old A4 three weeks ago now and have "borrowed" a work pool car. I'm not sure how much longer I can have it!

I did think on the way home that I should contact the VW/Audi Customer Service Manager as I have his number from my boss and see if I could get a cover car from them and wait fro the "60" plate too. It's funny that you're now thinking the opposite way! I think I'll just take the car when it turns up, I don't think I want it hanging around the Audi place for five weeks in case it gets damaged... Heritage Audi in Salisbury is having a new place built so there's plant equipment and a lack of space on the land they have!

eno394
15-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Currently dealing with Audi in Notts. They confirmed the new ordering and computer system was going live this week? They said it may slightly delay my order. But I should still get it delivered in Sept.

I told them Should and Will are not the same!!

dan172
15-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Currently dealing with Audi in Notts. They confirmed the new ordering and computer system was going live this week? They said it may slightly delay my order. But I should still get it delivered in Sept.

I told them Should and Will are not the same!!

Thanks for that.
It's good to see they're consistently inconsistent then.

Bratty
16-07-2010, 03:31 AM
I have to say that my S line (-30mm) now with Audi "original" 19 inch wheels is not uncomfortable at all!!?!! If anything there is a slight rise in road noise but that could be my tyre choice (conti sport contact 3s`), but then again I have been running with Air-Con and Radio off for the first day or two while I have done the full spectrum off driving styles to listen for rubbing or contacting . (There has been absolutely none). Even at Max speed then full on controlled breaking nothing, which interestingly (if you are a spotter;)) I was surprised that the hazard warning lights come on automatically under heavy breaking.

Dunk

Bratty
16-07-2010, 03:53 AM
Car from behind 9J X 19 wheels

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx277/gudgin/car006.jpg

Dunk

certacito
16-07-2010, 04:29 AM
Car from behind 9J X 19 wheels

Dunk

Danke

They look very 'toe out'

Bratty
16-07-2010, 04:48 AM
Thats the original set-up, but because the track is wider then you are probably right, but have to say this pic is not the best! Bit like taking a pic of half a chicken from behind, its never going to look good. Will do the full rear from a distance and THEN!! we will see how good the chicken looks.

If! I had the normal 8.5J X 19 inch (or indeed the 18 inch standard s line combo)with 1BV suspension set-up I would definetely go for "Spurverbreiterung" ie. the plates that widen the track, because it gives the car a much more aggressive (sporty) look.

Dunk

certacito
16-07-2010, 04:53 AM
Thats the original set-up, but because the track is wider then you are probably right, but have to say this pic is not the best! Bit like taking a pic of half a chicken from behind, its never going to look good. Will do the full rear from a distance and THEN!! we will see how good the chicken looks.

If! I had the normal 8.5J X 19 inch (or indeed the 18 inch standard s line combo)with 1BV suspension set-up I would definetely go for "Spurverbreiterung" ie. the plates that widen the track, because it gives the car a much more aggressive (sporty) look.

Dunk

Thanks again, didn't expect a reply at this time, I'm in Florida just now and it's 2350 so it's a helluva lot later in CET :D

Are the Spurverbreiterung plates an Audi item or third party aftermarket?

Bratty
16-07-2010, 04:57 AM
Aftermarket, H+R are one of the better but there are loads!

Happy hols,

Dunk

Bratty
16-07-2010, 05:41 AM
Heard It Before!!

Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck are on a bender after a hard week off filming! After a mega sesh! Mickey Snots Donald Full in the Face for no apparent reason in the bar? The bouncer asks Mickey ""what the heck did you do that for!!?!! He replies " He said that "Minnie was Fukcing "Goofy"!!.

Sorry word association, with Florida.

Dunk

dan172
31-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Ooops!

dan172
31-07-2010, 03:02 PM
A pic showing the 1BV to go with the 19" 7 arm double spoke alloys on my Special Edition.
Hope this helps!
Sorry about the size, I forgot to re-size, never mind!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XBZpw7elO8M/TFQr0EcCqqI/AAAAAAAAAHc/P-KO0NKDTmU/s1600/DSC00742.JPG

certacito
31-07-2010, 03:22 PM
A pic showing the 1BV to go with the 19" 7 arm double spoke alloys on my Special Edition.
Hope this helps!
Sorry about the size, I forgot to re-size, never mind!

Many thanks for posting the 'evidence' :D

As a matter of interest what tyres are fitted. I've seen some new 19" with PZeros and some Goodyear.

dan172
31-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Many thanks for posting the 'evidence' :D

As a matter of interest what tyres are fitted. I've seen some new 19" with PZeros and some Goodyear.

PZeros. It is the only thing I am a tiny bit disappointed about.

certacito
31-07-2010, 03:41 PM
PZeros. It is the only thing I am a tiny bit disappointed about.

Shame. I hope that's the only con you've discovered.

I should have asked, what version of the Pirellis are they?

P-Zero Neros, Rossos or Asimmetricos?

Thanks again.

dan172
31-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Shame. I hope that's the only con you've discovered.

I should have asked, what version of the Pirellis are they?

P-Zero Neros, Rossos or Asimmetricos?

Thanks again.

No worries... They are the Rossos on my car.

It's the only thing I have found so far!
I have come from a B6 2.5TDI Quattrro Sport and can't believe the progress that has been made with the B8.
Even the standard phone/bluetooth prep is fine for me. Simply turn on the car and the phone/car connect, speech command works fine... :)