PDA

View Full Version : Audi 80 TDI judder at 2000 revs

nickysteveo1
31-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Hi I have a audi 80 tdi 1900cc 150.000 miles

It judders and shakes at around 2000 revs, regardless of gear. I have to drop the gear and raise the revs & push it through before i can get back into the higher gear.

Can anyone help, I had it checked out, but nothing came up on the analysis machine. I replaced the air mass sensor, but still have problem.

would be very grateful if anyone has any ideas

cheers
Nick

avanttdi
03-06-2007, 08:39 PM
hi. i have the same problem but havent really had the chance to look at it properly yet and start investigating. so far i have only changed a section of rusty fuel pipe and changed the filter. i have a good feeling that it is air getting into the fuel system somewhere from the way the symptoms are and the fact that there was loads of air in my system before i changed the rear fuel pipes. since changing them, the problem has got better, but is not cured. (there are still bubbles in the plastic feed pipe to the pump)

if anybody finds out what is causing this fault please let us all know as it seems wuite common. in the meantime, im going to try my best to get to the bottom of it myself, when i get a spare minute. if i find anything ill be sure to post it up

nickysteveo1
04-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the reply, let me know how you get on
Nick

ghee60
05-06-2007, 12:28 PM
i had the same problem on mine, turned out to be the return valve on the top of the fuel filter

still got 100's of other problems but no bubbles anymore

Mr Blond
07-06-2007, 08:24 AM
I have a Audi 80 avant 1.9 tdi estate (1995)
It has this judder that you lot have been talking about and a garage has pin pointed to being either the Map sensor or the Injector Pump. does anyone know where the map sensor is located and where could I buy a cheap injector pump? My mate who has the car is gonna run a few more tests on it 2morrow. It has taken nearly £1000 to get this far, but at least I have a good handling car now. We have changed the gearbox and all the bushes on the front.

avanttdi
10-06-2007, 09:48 AM
the map sensor is inside the main ecu which i believe is in the drivers footwell somewhere (havent got round to looking) a vacuum hose runs from the ecu to the intake manifold somewhere. check this hose first.

the sensor itself can be easily checked with suitable diagnostic equipment. i checked mine and the readings were fine. its main use is to detect turbo boost for fueling purposes.

avanttdi
10-06-2007, 09:53 AM
ok, my earlier feeling that it was air in the fuel system has just been dis-proved. today i ran it the supply and return lines from the injection pump straight out of a gallon can of diesel and drove it up the road. fault still present.

this eliminates sender, fuel lines, filter and housing, and all connections.

the problem is either sensor related or it is a mechanical failure in the high pressure side of the system.

im going to whip out my injectors and test them next.

midskev
10-06-2007, 10:27 PM
i replaced my injectors and no diffrence its got to be a vaccume or electrical fault i disconected the speedo n it cured it almost so its got me baffeld 8 months later im still working on it lol tho car much better in many other ways for what iv done

rsykes
11-06-2007, 03:26 AM
Can anyone give me a history of Audi automatic gearboxes starting with the one(s) used in an '89 G-reg Audi 80 up to the current auto gearboxes used in the latest A4.

I know it's a strange request but I was having a discussion with someone who was convinced that Audi still use the same automatic gearbox today as they did back in the late '80's

Also, how do the lastest Audi auto gearboxes rate in terms of reliability?

Mr Blond
11-06-2007, 08:24 AM
the map sensor is inside the main ecu which i believe is in the drivers footwell somewhere (havent got round to looking) a vacuum hose runs from the ecu to the intake manifold somewhere. check this hose first.

the sensor itself can be easily checked with suitable diagnostic equipment. i checked mine and the readings were fine. its main use is to detect turbo boost for fueling purposes.

Thanks