PDA

View Full Version : Advice on new A5 purchase

pete_lay
13-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi,

I'm just about to order a new A5 Sportback (S Line), and was hoping for some advice on any of the below...!

1) Is it worth adding AMI to the spec or does the system work just as well using an SD card instead (does the screen still display the tracks etc in the same way if AMI isn't fitted?)

2) There is a nil-cost option for S Line suspension. Would you recommend this?

3) I know its very subjective, but whats the consensus of the best colour?! Am currently thinking Phantom Black or one of the greys.

Any advice GREATLY appreciated! :1zhelp:

Soot1e
14-05-2010, 06:53 AM
I assume if you are considering adding AMI to your spec that you are not going for the tech pack, as the MMI High includes AMI as a no cost addition along with cruise control. If you are sticking to the standard radio fit the single SD card will give you additional storage options above CDs. The display will show all data for the contents of the SD card. The AMI will give you further choice.

I have driven cars with both S-Line suspension variants and there is little if any difference in the ride quality. I have standard S -Line on my car with 19" cross spoke alloys and I am considering lower springs for the wheels to fill the arches a bit more.

The darker colours suit the car well, I am obviously biased toward Phantom Black but Lava Gray looks good. My local dealers (Kings Lynn Audi) have a car in the showroom in Tungsten Grey which has a slight violet hue whick looks really smart.

Have fun making your choices and enjoy the car when you get it!

PhilR
26-07-2010, 11:21 PM
I've got Lava Grey and it looks superb. I'd have been tempted by Phantom Black too, but reckon Lava edges it - especially when clean on a sunny day. It also seems to hide the dirt better than my wifes black Golf GT TDi, and is much easier to clean and dry without any marks.

Also got AMI and the 3G Sat Nav with the twin memory card slots. I only tend to use AMI rather than the memory card, although I have a lot of music on the hard drive. The hard drive music isn't quite as good on the display in my opinion. If you're dithering about AMI and want another option, go DAB radio - excellent option.