PDA

View Full Version : Audi UK Parts Delivery

Spud312r
12-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Guys

After having my 2007 Q7 stolen/recovered , the nominated insurance repairer has had the vehicle for nearly 3 weeks, stating that he is waiting parts , like door chrome trim etc

What are Audi like on parts delivery etc i've heard on most parts its 24hr turnaround and 48hr on other parts ??

Can anybody confirm this ??

tlionhart
12-05-2010, 03:16 PM
they are pretty good. If the item is in the UK you will have it within 48hrs. (delivery to audi parts dept)
This could be parts stocked in other dealers parts dept or audi HQ.

If the item needs to be ordered from Germany then it will be with you within 10 working days. Usually a lot less. The parts come over on the same ship as the car deliveries.

Spud312r
12-05-2010, 03:23 PM
they are pretty good. If the item is in the UK you will have it within 48hrs. (delivery to audi parts dept)
This could be parts stocked in other dealers parts dept or audi HQ.

If the item needs to be ordered from Germany then it will be with you within 10 working days. Usually a lot less. The parts come over on the same ship as the car deliveries.

:beerchug: Well i'll be calling the repairers tomorrow for a update, and if they try and fob me of with the old parts story , i'm going to ask for the part numbers and call Audi uk myself...

tlionhart
12-05-2010, 04:53 PM
I usually get items delivered quicker. Recently I ordered the A3 genuine aluminium gear knob. Was quoted 2 weeks but got it less than 7 days. It really depends when the order was placed and when they ship the items.

Only prob is, not all items can be sent back so if you do intend to go down thad insure the part is for you chasis.