PDA

View Full Version : How To Can someone explain the computer to me please?

pbassred
10-05-2010, 06:25 PM
I have a Comp1 (Immediate?), Comp2 (average). I used to be able to cycle through them with the up/down buttons on the washer stalk. So far so good.

However, I found a reset button at the bottom of the stalk and held it in. I got a blank screen. Now I can cycle though each of the computers with the stalk but not between them. To go between the computers, I need to press the reset button (Comp1/ Comp2/ blank/ Comp1 again). What have I done/ how do I get it back to how it was.?

The reason I was messing was to find a way to set the speed warnings. I know I have them, because they beep at me and display the limit speed. How do I set them?

P.S. I don't have a manual.

bez101
10-05-2010, 08:00 PM
I have a Comp1 (Immediate?), Comp2 (average). I used to be able to cycle through them with the up/down buttons on the washer stalk. So far so good.

However, I found a reset button at the bottom of the stalk and held it in. I got a blank screen. Now I can cycle though each of the computers with the stalk but not between them. To go between the computers, I need to press the reset button (Comp1/ Comp2/ blank/ Comp1 again). What have I done/ how do I get it back to how it was.?

The reason I was messing was to find a way to set the speed warnings. I know I have them, because they beep at me and display the limit speed. How do I set them?

P.S. I don't have a manual.
you set the speed warnings from the check button
say ur doin 70 press the check button its on
to turn it off press and hold for a few seconds its off
the computer u need to press reset select to get 1 or 2 or press again if u have sat nav for display

benjie
10-05-2010, 09:47 PM
you set the speed warnings from the check button
say ur doin 70 press the check button its on
to turn it off press and hold for a few seconds its off

You're joking? I had no idea? Do they all have this?!

What's the min speed for this warning? Does it reset with ignition off/on?

benjie
10-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Just been out in it... I have it too!

What's the little number 1 next to the mph sign?

pbassred
10-05-2010, 10:10 PM
I think they have 2 (the A6 does) there is one that you set when you are stationary, but I don't know how.

I'm sure that i could scroll though both short and long term menus with the buttons at the end of the stalk. I could jump between the instantaneous MPG and the trip MPG.

benjie
10-05-2010, 10:13 PM
That rings a bell, I had a Jetta as a spare car once and that had the speed thing, setting from stationary sounds about right... definately going for a play with it tomorrow!

Go my life's exciting!