PDA

View Full Version : Hi... and Whistling A6...!

DHT
10-05-2010, 02:56 PM
First time post - so have probably put this in the wrong bit of the forum - sorry!!!

I have a 3 year old A6 Quattro Le Mans 3.0l TDI Avant and have a slight issue. When the engine is turned off it makes a whistling sound a bit like a tin whistle (like a pressure valve releasing). The car has just come out of warranty, however, the issue was raised with the dealer before expiry and is being sorted as a dealer/manufacturer covered event. Anyhow, they have now had the car a few days and have replaced the fuel pump and a couple of other ancillaries but the noise is still there. Just got off the phone with the dealer and they have asked to keep the car a few more days to see if they can sort it - does any one have any ideas what the problem may be?

Apart from the whistle a GREAT car.

Guest 2
12-05-2010, 05:57 PM
First time post - so have probably put this in the wrong bit of the forum - sorry!!!

I have a 3 year old A6 Quattro Le Mans 3.0l TDI Avant and have a slight issue. When the engine is turned off it makes a whistling sound a bit like a tin whistle (like a pressure valve releasing). The car has just come out of warranty, however, the issue was raised with the dealer before expiry and is being sorted as a dealer/manufacturer covered event. Anyhow, they have now had the car a few days and have replaced the fuel pump and a couple of other ancillaries but the noise is still there. Just got off the phone with the dealer and they have asked to keep the car a few more days to see if they can sort it - does any one have any ideas what the problem may be?

Apart from the whistle a GREAT car.

Welcome to the forum and an excellent choice in car I must say :)

Mine does this and I always think its the air-con turning off completely? Maybe not

Oh, how about you join the two clubs in my signature (Y)

Chris

DHT
13-05-2010, 03:13 PM
A6 Chris, thanks for the welcome - I was beginning to think I wasn't going to find any new friends ofer in VW/Audi space!!!

Anyhow, update... fuel pump has been replaced and fuel pump pully too. Still not fixed... deealer service team have now involved Audi's tech support area... car has now been with them for a week!!!

Dealer has been very good and has provided us with a 2.0 A4 so we still have a family car - I don't drive the A6 LM that much so I'm not missing it and my wife is quite enjoying the A4 (it's an auto and my A6 LM is a manual).

Anyhow, thanks for th welcome... see you in the A6 LM forum!!!

JIGGY C
14-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Welcome and best wishes