PDA

View Full Version : Rear Fog light out !!

mexico5lro
06-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I have a 2003 Cab and it has the left rear fog light out. I thought it was a bulb but on removal of the light cluster I check the bulb and also put a meter on the holder - no volts.
I then checked the voltage at the plug at the rear of the cluster and again no volts. Looking at the schematic it shows the power wire to be grey/white and on the current flow schematics that goes back to the body control module.
The other side is working fine

Could this be faulty (Ouch) or could it be something else - wonder if anyone has had similar issues.

Chris

kite
06-05-2010, 04:50 PM
You don't have a left rear fog.
The car only has one rear fog, on the offside, do you have a blown bulb warning on the dash....

fourringsrus
06-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Ditto,just checked mine

RON MOODY
06-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Yep, that's right, only one fog lamp on the drivers side. I guess that the wiring is standard both for right hand and left hand drive cars( makes sense) and that the the selection of which side is a factory option.:beerchug:

snapdragon
07-05-2010, 09:38 AM
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uksi_19891796_en_16.htm#nsch11

Only one fog lamp is required, it must be in the centre or offside.
It looks as if two are permitted, but I can remember the move in the early 1990s to change this to 1, to reduce confusion with brake lamps. Maybe this was voluntary or come under Construction & Use or an EU Directive?

mexico5lro
08-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Many thanks guys. I just thought it strange how they install all the wire and even put a bulb into the holder.

I will stop chasing my tail then, I am just a stickler for symetrical things I guess.

Cheers again

Chris

fourringsrus
09-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I would imagine that a previous owner fitted the bulb etc in quest like yours, and then gave up to no avail

Stuart

RickT
10-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Yeah.. I tried this on my A4 years ago..

As above, its due to the same wiring looms going in the cars for both left and right had drive..

If you wanted.... you can wire it up to work..

The idea of having only fog light is also so other drivings behind can tell the differeance between fogs and brake lights.

Rick