PDA

View Full Version : Audi Q5 towbar options

OzHamish
06-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi all

I'm now living in Australia having moved from the UK a couple of years ago.

I bought a Q5 last year & now require a tow bar, the only bars available here are from the dealers.
They are not the swivel out of the bumper type as in the broachers, they are a hitch receiver type.
they are expensive from the dealers & look terrible as a huge cut out has to be made in the lower bumper.
I have been looking athe the Witter & Westfallia detachable type bars.
Has any one had any experience with these & the control module that is available for them (on PFJones web site).
I'm looking for something that can be fitted with minimal cuts to the bumper.
The car is a non S-Line 2.0L TFSI if that makes any difference
Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

OZHamish

PFJones
14-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Hi all

I'm now living in Australia having moved from the UK a couple of years ago.

I bought a Q5 last year & now require a tow bar, the only bars available here are from the dealers.
They are not the swivel out of the bumper type as in the broachers, they are a hitch receiver type.
they are expensive from the dealers & look terrible as a huge cut out has to be made in the lower bumper.
I have been looking athe the Witter & Westfallia detachable type bars.
Has any one had any experience with these & the control module that is available for them (on PFJones web site).
I'm looking for something that can be fitted with minimal cuts to the bumper.
The car is a non S-Line 2.0L TFSI if that makes any difference
Any advice is welcome.

Thanks

OZHamish

Hello OZHamish,

PFJones Ltd will happily supply a towbar for your vehicle, we have three types of bar available fixed flange, fixed swan neck and detachable swan neck and Westfalia are OEM(exactly what your local dealer would put on the vehicle), and alot cheaper than if you went to the dealership.

We have thousands of bars in stock ready to be shipped next working day to the UK and all bars are supplied with Free single electrics to get you towing as soon as possible.

if you are not confident about fitting it yourself you can bring your vehicle to any of our nation wide fitting depots where our experienced, well trained engineers will gladly do all the work for you.

Audi Q5 Towbars (http://www.pfjones.co.uk/q7-2008-detachable-tow-bar.html) - Click To see our range

The bumper cuts you mention, you would need to purchase a new trim and a bumper flap from your local dealer if you want to keep the bumper without any blemishes.

I hope this helps you with your decision.

Regards

Scott
P.F.Jones Support Team