PDA

View Full Version : Limousine or Saloon??

indian jalepeno
30-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Hi all, still on my trek to the unknown if my car is an import or not. Poole Audi say it's an import as only one of its systems recognises the chassis number?? Audi UK girl said neither system recognised it at all. BIG Oh dear. The V5 clearly shows it was first registered in the UK. Thinking about it, the Sat Nav in the car shows up an entry in N Ireland? Is there a possible connection here?? Not naive enough though to think that people don't travel to Ireland!!

Anyway, back to the point - After having a look at the options paper in the boot it states it's an A4 Limousine?? Now, do all of the A4 saloons say this or is this an indicator that it actually is an import?

Thanks chaps and chapesses

I J

TonyT
30-05-2007, 07:28 PM
to the best of my knowledge all audi saloons are reffered to as limousine on tech documents.

What are they trying to say? it came from europe? surely they can still retrieve info on the car.

TonyT

indian jalepeno
30-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Hi Tony. Well, initially i spoke to Poole Audi and the lad there said that he couldnt find it on his system, then he checked another system?? and found it then remarked that it was probably an import?? Then today speaking to Audi UK she said that they could not find it either and advised that I take the V5 to my nearest and dearest ******* and they would investigate further.
Maybe this all points to the car never being serviced by Audi?? Or do all cars get registered by them when they are brand spanking new??
I thought they were only built in Germany anyway???

Its deffo not a cut n shut and all that but it is now sounding v dodgy to me.

TonyT
30-05-2007, 09:05 PM
how old's the car, might have been brought in from an internet broker type thing. I suppose it would be possible for Audi uk not to know about it then and tech it could be an import but that shouldn't be an issue for parts etc surely.

TonyT

Niall76
31-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Would the DVLA not be able to help you?

indian jalepeno
01-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Would the DVLA not be able to help you?
yes mate, they are sending me a form for me to request all the previous owners and if anything else crops up it will be on there. but this can take up to three weeks. oh well. looks like I might have to bite the bullet on this private sale. lessons learned and all that!!

sean red i
01-06-2007, 06:02 PM
had a thought could be way out here but here goes. if a car is put onto a private plate straight from new and serviced etc under that plate, then when sold given a normal plate,they wouldnt have any records of the car. have dealers etc taken chassis no. direct of the car to check. I was told by dealer once that service records are not linked from one country to another, looking at exporting car myself and the foriegn country would have to phone uk for any history.
cheers sean

Niall76
01-06-2007, 06:10 PM
I wouldn't walk away just yet. I once bought a car which had previously been on 2 seperate private plates. Trying to find info on it (if it was stolen, finanace outstanding etc) was a bit of a pain. The AA did a car check on it and basically said that it was all good and they were so confident with they're info that if it turned out to be wrong then they'd refund me the money.

In the end all was indeed good.