PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Help with information about an 84 Scirocco

Jaymz
04-05-2010, 10:56 AM
So the story goes, friend of mines son was told by grandfather 'boy when your 17 I will give you your first car' boy replies, sweet grandpa!

the day arrives and grandpa arrives with a trailer with a car on the back, and unveils this. . . .

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/CUINHELLJAYMZ/Sciroccojpg.jpg?t=1272904993

To gasps of jealousy from me [always had a soft spot for rocco's, got to the age of 33 and still not owned one :( ] and disgust from the new owner, who instantly said. I dont want this I want a polo!

So the car will eventually be for sale [ungrateful you may say] once we know more about it and can create an accurate description

This is what we know about the car

VW Scirocco GL, 1588 cc,
silver,
date of registration 1/8/84 [B reg / quite a good reg number as well]
factory fitted body kit,
Stored in temperate internal conditions since 1991 [only driven for 7 years]. This is a real timewarp
BBS wheels [mint]

What we would like to know:

Who made the bodykit? I know it wasnt a standard VW item, but i also know it was fitted from brand new as an optional extra

any idea of approximate value? as is and with 12 months ticket on it

It's in great condition inside and out, interior black/grey or silver, no rips tears sagging or bolster damage, very low mileage obviously, FVWSH and totally standard, this is exactly as it left the showroom in 1984, i know that it needs its brakes overhauled, but they probably wont be great even after that as we know the brakes are shocking on good ones

any help advice would be appreciated

Cheers Jaymz

towcestervag
07-05-2010, 07:11 PM
looks like a kamei/bbs bodykit ive fitted a few on scirocco and mk2 golf
there are some simple mods to do on the brakes to get them better
as for value ? they vary so much as there arent that many about in good nick
i would check the mk1 golf forums and owners clubs to get value