PDA

View Full Version : EOBD II Error Codes

Keithuk
03-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Hi guys/gals, there are few gals on here I posted topic in Chat - Completely Off Topic.

Anyway a few months ago I printed out all the data from AD for the Golf 2.0 TDI 2009 because that was the closest vehicle to mine. All the Error code printed out and it took an hour and a half 140 sheets, slow network printer. Some of you my know I make programmes as a hobby so I thought it would be a good idea to put all these VAG, EOBD II, Fault location and Possible causes 6300+ into a database. Now I'm not sure if the ECU displays the actual error code or you just take it to the dealer for a VAG-COM check.

If anyone is interested in this programme I've made please make a comment. I'm not sure it will suit everyone. I've done a search on here for error codes and there are 20 pages of results. I haven't read each page but some did quotes error numbers.

You can search the database for any VAG, EOBD II, Fault location and Possible causes, words or numbers.

This app only has 10,037 error code, this new one has 9,197 error codes. You will need to make me a donation via PAYPAL for the new one.

Please make comment in here if you find this app useful ;)

Update 20/10/2015:

Mega.nz have changed their download links. Sorry this isn't the new version as I would like a contribution via PAYPAL for that version.

https://i.ibb.co/Fb8Lx5y/VAG-Fault-Codes.jpg

dataconn
03-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I have a £30 OBD reader which gives me the fault codes, but no real list of what they mean, so if there is a list available I'd be interested in seeing it.

a8 tech
03-05-2010, 10:45 PM
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Fault_Codes

http://www.obd-codes.com/

Keithuk
03-05-2010, 11:44 PM
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Fault_Codes

http://www.obd-codes.com/
Yes I've seen those codes but you have to click on a number to read it then click on another number to read that one which is a bit slow. ;)

Keithuk
03-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Ok guys.

This thread was posted 6 months ago and only 65 have viewed it. I've posted a similar thread on another TDI forum. I've increased the number of errors to included the ones from a8 tech's links so it now has 5942 error codes.

It was pointed out on the other forum that it doesn't really work on Windows 7 64bit only for the fact that is doesn't use then database access dll Program Files\Common File\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll which is standard on WinXP and Vista 32bit. I've searched the web for updates for Vista x64 and Win7 x64 but there aren't any available.

Now the files size is to big (569Kb) as an upload to here so if you want this please PM me with your email address and I will post it.

Cheers. ;)

kamikaze06
09-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Cheers for the info, much appreciated. Anything to help understand this new technology has to be good

Keithuk
10-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Cheers for the info, much appreciated.
Cheers for what? I haven't posted anything yet. It isn't new technology its been out for many years. ;)

Keithuk
02-07-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm sorry this is an old thread I made but I've now updated the app which now shows 7951 error codes. If you would like to try a copy then PM me for the link and the rar password. ;)

tommy1980murf
21-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Hi Keith,
I would be interssted in this program if you still have it?
Cheers
Tommy

Keithuk
21-05-2013, 08:59 PM
PM sent Tommy.

tommy1980murf
23-05-2013, 07:07 AM
Downloaded installed and used. Very happy with this program it is a big help if you have no internet connection where the car is or you are doing a road test.
Thanks for this.

Keithuk
25-05-2013, 03:00 AM
I originally made this app 3 years ago and its worked great for very many users. Initially the only bug received was that it won't work on a Windows x64 system. I don't have or want to have a Windows x64 system so I can't try it.

Other users have reported that it does work on Windows 7 x64 and in Windows 8 x64 no problem.

I've had users say it will only run if you Run as Administrator. I tried it on my nephews Vista 32bit a few weeks ago and when I tried to run it, it said COMCTL32.OCX is not registered. I know you only have to register an ocx or dll when you use Visual Basic 6.0 in IDE mode. I right-clicked on EOBD II Fault Codes.exe and selected Run as Administrator and it worked even though he is the Administrator, stupid Windows.

I've just had another user from another forum saying that nothing shows in the results once you click on an error code. I said the results window uses ieframe.dll which is a default install of Internet Explorer providing its in the Windows\System32 folder it should have shown the results.

Ok to try and overcome these Windows bugs that it doesn't work I've made an installation package which in theory should install on any Windows system. The Package & Deployment Wizard what comes with VB6 allows you to make an installation package with all the necessary files added.

Just extract all files to a folder of your choice and run Setup.exe to install.

While installing it may show an error when it tries to install and register ieframe.dll this file is always in use just click Ignore as this dll must already be there and in use.

You can uninstall this app from Control Panel - Add/Remove or Programs and Features.

I need to know if this installation package cures there Windows faults. If you wouldn't mind trying it out and report back to the forum you downloaded if from that would be much appreciated.

I've also added a few more error traps so if my app creates an error it will save the details in EOBD ErrorLog.txt in the app folder just open it and copy and paste the contents into here.

This update new now has 7951 error codes. If anyone wants to try is then send me a PM?

Thanks again for your patience. ;)

Keithuk
09-02-2014, 02:36 AM
Ok here is the new update its gone from 7872 error codes the new version has 10.037 error codes. Now its gone over 10,000 I've programme it to show the comma.

I've corrected a slight bug in the last version which another user pointed out. If you click on an item in the list then you use the cursor keys to scroll up or down it was always one code behind. I programmed the Key Down and Key Press but I didn't programme the Key Up so that now works as it should do.

I found an OBD site that show extra info like Tech Notes: When is the code detected?: Description: so I've added this info to the codes.

I've written the new help file with WinCHM Pro so there is no need to download anything from Microsoft for the old Windows help files.

This new app shows online PDF files no problem but you can't right click on it and save it so I've added Download PDF on the menu bar so you can open your browser and save the PDF where ever you want too.

Download file is in post #1.

TimDaviesMoss
10-06-2014, 09:53 PM
this would be extreamly usefull

Keithuk
13-06-2014, 06:48 PM
just download it and try and click the Thanks Tim.

Keithuk
18-06-2014, 07:36 PM
I've just read an old thread and Gerryf said Hi Keith, might be an idea to have your excellent engine info stickied ? VW Self Study 423 The Golf 2009 (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?115153-VW-Self-Study-423-The-Golf-2009&p=616753#post616753)
but that thread has been closed.

I have a general engine and transmission info:

The data sticker (options sticker) on the first page of the service schedule has one half of this sticker the other half is on the boot floor next to the spare wheel well.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/data/photos/l/1/1176-1400153437-7e3c65bd50b6afcb9871d50269764157.jpg

All the 3 character codes can be typed into VW/Audi/Seat/Škoda Option Codes Decoder (http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx)

That's what was fitted when it left the factory.

I've also made a VAG Engine & Transmission Codes app that shows all engine and transmission codes used on all VAG vehicles. If anyone wants a copy of this app let me know and I will make a new thread in another section?

There are 5,866 engine codes and 12,088 transmission codes.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/data/photos/l/1/1193-1401565098-6ac2a14c4dac0df4a3c6cd527ed12cdc.jpg

gupsterg
10-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Hi Keith,
Many thanks for doing the DTC app and for doing the updates.:You_Rock_

I've also made a VAG Engine & Transmission Codes app that shows all engine and transmission codes used on all VAG vehicles. If anyone wants a copy of this app let me know and I will make a new thread in another section?

I'd be interested chap.

ATB
Gup

Keithuk
10-07-2014, 06:12 PM
Hi Keith,
Many thanks for doing the DTC app and for doing the updates.:You_Rock_

I'd be interested chap.

ATB
Gup

I've posted this app on auto-professionals which I can't really post the link to.

gupsterg
10-07-2014, 06:22 PM
Not a problem mate ;) .

Keithuk
10-07-2014, 06:28 PM
You can download all 8 pdf files from my app.

gupsterg
10-07-2014, 06:34 PM
I just thought you were gonna start a thread here.

Keithuk
10-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Ok I've made a new thread about this app. VAG Engine & Transmission Codes (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?159209-VAG-Engine-amp-Transmission-Codes&p=908786#post908786)

Keithuk
23-05-2017, 04:59 PM
I've had 3 users download my app and they think its great. This version has loads of generic EOBD codes with no solution. As post #1 says the new version is available. All 3 users have sent me £20 via PAYPAL so they have the new version with 8,848 codes.

If anyone likes my app and wants to donate £20 please PM me. Or if they want to try last years registered version with 8,848 codes PM me.

There is an annoying bug in the old version and the new one. If any codes show a YouTube video it plays as it should but you can search for another code as nothing shows. You have to close the app and restart it. I've added all YouTube links as a separate link which you can copy and paste if you want to view the video. It appears that YouTube now uses html5 that causes this problem.

I've changed the name to VAG Fault Codes on the new app because its only concerned with VAG vehicles.

The reason its a registered version is I was thinking about posting this on fleabay. I didn't really want a few people to buy it and think it great and all their friends get a free copy.