PDA

View Full Version : audi cv joints warranty query

roy2001
02-05-2010, 09:51 PM
:confused: I have an 04 reg a4 1.8t cab and changed the drivers side outer cv joint approx 6 months ago, the joint was supplied from Audi dealership and this week has started to knock slightly when on a certain full lock wondering if the cv joints purchased from audi come with some sort of guarantee , not sure if it was classed as a new one or remanufactured but surely they must last longer than this gutted , forgot to say i have checked the boot and not split or anything and no signs of lost grease

zollaf
02-05-2010, 09:58 PM
are you certain its that one thats knocking and not the other side ?

roy2001
02-05-2010, 10:09 PM
yes i am positive it is the same cv joint,

zollaf
02-05-2010, 10:15 PM
i would go back to the dealer and get them to look at it. afaik, it comes with a 2 year parts and labour warranty. i am sure they will get it fixed for you without any bother.

roy2001
02-05-2010, 10:18 PM
does it matter if the dealership did not fit the part themselves , i have had the car serviced at the dealers last year although i had the cv joint replaced at my friends garage as it wouldnt affect the service history

zollaf
02-05-2010, 10:23 PM
not 100 % sure, but someone will correct me if im wrong, but that shouldnt affect anything and they will still cover it. i think they would want to do it themselves though, rather than paying the other garage.

roy2001
03-05-2010, 07:15 PM
thanks very much for your help

danclyon
03-05-2010, 09:26 PM
does it matter if the dealership did not fit the part themselves , i have had the car serviced at the dealers last year although i had the cv joint replaced at my friends garage as it wouldnt affect the service history

If the main dealer didn't fit it, then the warranty is limited to 2 years on the part itself, so you should get a replacement part....HOWEVER....your mate may have to remove it and present it for inspection and they may argue the toss somewhat....but stick to our guns and you should get it sorted :-)

D.

snapdragon
04-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Replacement parts warranty
All Audi Original replacement parts carry a warranty for a period of two-years/unlimited mileage from the date of purchase. Items with warranties in excess of two years will be advised to you at the time of purchase. The two-year warranty does not apply to parts fitted under the terms of the vehicle warranty, which are warranted for the remaining period of the vehicle warranty.
The Wear and Tear and Service Adjustment policies applicable to new vehicles also apply to Parts Warranty.

http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/audi/production/PDF/SupportingProducts/warranty-terms-and-conditions.pdf