PDA

View Full Version : vw bora 130 pd tdi remapp

kabethell
30-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi, i am looking to get a vw bora 130 tdi pd, i want to remapp it to 160-170 would i need to make any additional upgrades regarding proformance parts? i have heard that the clutch may wear out quicker?

thanks kabethell :1zhelp:

dubsbunny
29-11-2010, 11:13 PM
hi there
yes when remapping above 160bhp you could be prone to a little bit of clutch slip which will inevitably cause your clutch to wear out alot quicker,,BUT! it really depends on how you drive, if you are gonna frollock your car then you will be asking for trouble,, i have a remapped golf mk4 and i can open it up without frollocking it if that makes sence, how good a driver are you?
frollocking = agressive = clutch wear
use the turbo = not the clutch pedal = long life of clutch:Blush:

protune
30-11-2010, 08:34 AM
I’m asked this all the time before a customer decides on a remap....it is almost as simple as that...standing starts wearing lead boots = clutch wear...

I always provide a good custom remap taking care not to stress any components, the only unpredictable component is the driver...

Frapping driving style will cause wear.....if its only now and then when baseball cap back to front creeps in then there are no worries but if its driven like you stole it all the time then undue wear will arise no matter if its been remapped or not. :biglaugh:

Cheers

FlashRemapping
30-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Same as Jonny on that one

I just remapped a Skoda octavia last week that juddered initially under hard acceleration around 2100 revs obviously the clutch was a little weak but after a few days driving it has stopped happening probably a littlebetter driving by the owner and the problem clearing itself

A remap will never cure a problem ( well apart from the sloppy gearchange on a dsg ) and may hilight existing problems but a good remap will not cause aditional problems - If however you drive a car hard more problems will arise remapped or not

Dave
FlashRemapping