PDA

View Full Version : audi 80 alternator belt

gaz45uk
30-05-2007, 07:14 AM
hi the alternator belt broke recently..so when i have come to change it there seems to be at least 1 bolt missing and poss 1 bolt sheared on the alternator,can anyone tell me were i can purchase them.
also the belt tensioner is very hard to move , any tips on how to do this..im just new to audi's so any help would be appreciated

worley
23-02-2009, 12:34 AM
you have to get a bar in the tensioner and use bruteforce to to move it.one thing to check with the belt is that it fits,i got a belt which was matched to my 94 tdi but no matter how hard i tried it would not go on,so i took to a mechanic mate with a ramp,he couldnt get it on either ,cross referenced the belt to check it was correct belt,showed it was.tried a different make still to small,so he got 3 or 4 sizes close to it,and found one that fitted and put that on.the only reason i mention this,is if your laying on the floor struggling with the tensioner and trying to get belt on ,at least you want the correct belt.my advice take it to a local garage let them fit it, its worth the few quid not to struggle