PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 Lead Times - is there a problem??

abfatboy
30-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum but hope someone can advise me.

Previously I privately owned a Passt CC GT, nice car but sold it and have gone for a company car.

I now have an Audi A4 Sline with options on order with the fleet company, ordered on the 18th March with original lead time of 6 weeks (which was 6 weeks ago!) and am now being quoted middle of June due to production problems which makes it 12 weeks!!

Does this ring true with anyone??

Thanks

onemanparty
30-04-2010, 03:21 PM
If the car is Factory ordered then 12 weeks is correct 6 weeks is fantasy unless its a stock car or cancelled order in the pipeline

abfatboy
04-05-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks for your help with that, it does sound a more realistic date.

gazza1
04-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Waited 12 weeks to get my A4 dealer said that was the usual time-it is an agonising wait I have to say!

greeng4309
05-05-2010, 08:48 AM
Hi, I'm new to this forum but hope someone can advise me.

Previously I privately owned a Passt CC GT, nice car but sold it and have gone for a company car.

I now have an Audi A4 Sline with options on order with the fleet company, ordered on the 18th March with original lead time of 6 weeks (which was 6 weeks ago!) and am now being quoted middle of June due to production problems which makes it 12 weeks!!

Does this ring true with anyone??

Thanks
Yep, 12 weeks sounds right. I ordered my car on Jan 30th, it arrived in the UK on April 17th, and was ready for collection a week or so later.

abfatboy
05-05-2010, 09:03 AM
Thanks for your reply, patieince is the key then!!

greeng4309
05-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Yes, loads of patience, although in fairness to the dealership who ordered my car, they did inform me from day 1 that the car would take approx 12-16 weeks from order to delivery, so I roughly knew when I was expecting the car back in January.

I'm surprised your dealership quoted just 6 weeks, especially with the current upgrade offers available in SE & S line spec until the end of June, as you would imagine that a lot of additional orders would go through during this period.

Tough waiting for so long, but worth it IMO..

Geordie Amanda
10-05-2010, 06:36 PM
I ordered my A4 at the end of March and have just been told today that it should be built in week 20 and delivered sometime mid June. So it should take slightly less than 12 weeks from order to driving.

theoboe
14-05-2010, 04:15 PM
My car is due to arrive at the dealer on Monday. That will be twelve weeks and two days since I placed the order. Work commitments stop me from collecting it until Saturday. Gonna be a long week :aargh4: