PDA

View Full Version : Please Help keyless entry system

LarryK
30-04-2010, 11:21 AM
My vehicle (VW Touareg V6 TDI Sport) is equipped with keyless entry / starting system. Recently the pushbutton in the drivers door handle stopped functioning (i.e. to lock all doors / windows in the vehicle). The corresponding pushbutton in the other passenger doors are all functioning. I believe the reason for this non functioning is that the pushbutton micro-switch has been impregnated with water / moisture.

Is it possible to obtain the pushbutton micro-switch as a separate replaceable part and if so would the replacement of the switch require the vehicle remote keyset controls to be re-initialised ? Where can these pushbutton micro-switches be obtained as my local VW dealer is claining that I would have to replace the entire handle assembly (which is paint colour co-ordinated with the rest of the bodywork) at an extortionate cost !!

geraout
31-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Same thing happened to my car and I did indeed have to have the whole handle replaced. It may be worth removing it and trying some electrical connector cleaning spray.