PDA

View Full Version : MK2 Golf 1.6 driver

Gaffers11
30-05-2007, 01:10 AM
I have a 1990 1.6 driver and i'm looking to modify it a bit. Any help or advice on tuning/styling and where to start would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Fettler
30-05-2007, 06:40 AM
With regards styling, I would advise make the changes that put a smile on your face not someone else's. At the end of the day its your car and you have to live with it.
BTW Hello and Welcolme.:beerchug: :beerchug:

Gaffers11
30-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Yeh, i think i might get a big bumper kit, are these off of the gti or just an after market thing? Also whats the best carburrettor to buy in terms of performance? Thanks

Eshrules
30-05-2007, 12:40 PM
id agree with Fettler, BUT and its a big BUT with these cars, the key is understated style, nothing too brash or chavvy. keep away from day-glo colours and big 'bad boy' body kits. OEM fitments are expensive, but well worth the money, because they fit properly and they look like they belong to the car.

wheels can make or break a car, if you're getting some new rims, keep the size reasonable and the drop onto them the same. make sure you use some good quality springs and dampeners, or youll end up paying big bills further down the line.

another thing id advise before even thinking of doing any engine mods, is give it a good service (assuming it hasnt had one in a while :p) give it a good drink of oil, change all necessary lubricants and check all belts for wear (id change just to be on the safe side) often, a good service can release a few bhp on its own (2/3, not 20/30) and can help the engine to run a little smoother, ready for whatever mods you perform.

last of all, good luck ;)

Gaffers11
01-06-2007, 07:46 PM
Hi, i was also wondering whats the best weber carb to get in terms of performance? Would appreciate any help. Thanks