PDA

View Full Version : BKD 2.0 tdi 140 dsg

berniea3140tdi
28-04-2010, 07:58 PM
hi, can anyone tell me if the turbo unit on a 2006 A3 2.0 tdi 140 bhp with a DSG g/box is the same as an A3 fitted with a manual g/box .and what the turbo part number will be to suit the DSG option .
i lost power on the M! and went into limp mode which has now retuned to normal on restart and has been ok for the last 200 miles . (there were no warning lights displayed )
i have found a turbo quoted as 03L253019J from a 2008 car is this any good for my application?
i have been on the web and the theme seems to be the BKD turbo is not very good . can the vanes be cleaned or is it a new turbo ?
the vehicle is 2006 with only 33000 miles on the clock ( i bought it at 4500 miles ) the correct oil to the vag spec used on top up between services at an audi garage . and i always let the engine idle for a minute or so before switching off .
i am going to france and will be covering a lot of miles and am a little concerned the problem will come return , can anyone advise a course of action ,
my audi garage said it will need a new turbo and audi will not contribute to the repair even at this low mileage , thanks bernie