PDA

View Full Version : connecting ipod/iphone

ade1882
26-04-2010, 10:53 PM
My s4 is ipod ready. it is connected through a cable which seems to be in the multichanger in the glovebox. Is there a way to get song names up on the satnav screen or a way to chose different tracks. the only way i seem to be able to do it is by disconnecting my ipod/phone choosing an album or playlist pressing play and plugging it back in. this seems like a bit of a faf if you want to change albums while driving.

brummieboy
27-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Think you'll find this is standard audi fair. In essence the sterio is using your ipod as a 6 disc changer (thats the port the cable is plugged in to). There is no way as far as i know to get your detail on screen.

There are aftermarket options that will replace your ipod cable. These do not display the track detail, but do give control via the ipod itself. Some (my brother in law) use these without issue, but you'll find reference on here of people who tried them , crashed their head unit and Audi didn't want to know.

In my previous audi i installed a separate Alpine ipod head unit, but in my present audi i've got mfsw and phone kit and changing the head unit will loose that connectivity.

I have settled for a radio wave connection option via a cheap but reliable module. Alot of people dis these, and generally they are right, but mine seems to provide a good signal and control via the ipod direct.

good luck

royleblue
27-04-2010, 10:50 PM
If you have playlists set up on your ipod you can select them with buttons 1 to 5 on your radio. No 6 will just play what is set in the ipod. The manual says that you have to use the shuffle function on the radio but this needs resetting every time you stop. I found by accident that if you start shuffle on your ipod then insert it into the glove box it will carry on shuffling. However if you do not use the ipod for a while (no logic with this - sometimes overnight, sometimes it's OK for a few days - I've never worked it out) it will go back to the first track on the ipod. It does this when you are in one of the playlist as well. I use a 1st generation nano which only shows the track number. I think in the B8 with the right connection and a newer ipod you can control it through the radio but not in the B7.