PDA

View Full Version : Sharan Shocks replacements which make?

shabazmo
26-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Its time to replace my shocks. I am looking for a more controlled ride. Has anyone experienced brands for the sharan which will give a firmer ride. I don't want to replace the springs. e.g. Are the VW heavy duty or sports shocks better than the standard ones

Thanks

fastbikes76
27-04-2010, 06:38 PM
I dont have the answer apart from im about to fit a set of 4 KYB shocks to ours in the next couple of weeks, £166 for all 4 shocks. IM hoping it will stop my kids feeling so car sick :D

Will let you know what i think when ive fitted them.

:approve:

shabazmo
27-04-2010, 10:11 PM
That would be great. Thanks

Crasher
27-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Often the front damper top nut is a complete nightmare to get undone if the top mounts have been getting wet and the nut has been sitting in water. Often I have to grip the piston rod with three pairs of grips and heat the nut up with the oxy and then rattle the nut off using an air gun, universal joint and a 12” extension bar, personally I dread having to do Sharalmbra front dampers.

fastbikes76
28-04-2010, 10:03 PM
I dread having to do Sharalmbra front dampers.

## Runs off to buy huge swear box##

Thanks for the info..looking forwards to it already :D

shabazmo
07-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Managed to do the job ok. Nuts came off ok because 6 years ago when I first replaced them, I splatered the threads with loads of waxoyl grease and covered the caps with a large yoghurt lid. Got the fronts Dalphi for £48 for a pair from ebay and the rears Munroe reflex for £55 for a pair also from ebay. Incidently I had a knocking noise from the front n/s strut and it turned out to be a seized bearing which in turn wore out the spring disc plate causing the strut shaft to move around the disc. Lesson 1. Replace the bearings every time you replace the front strut.