PDA

View Full Version : A4 Alarm Control unit replacement....

k3t4n
26-04-2010, 09:16 PM
I've just bought an AUDI A4 95-99 FACTORY ALARM CONTROL UNIT (8DO 951 173). Got it off ebay for around 15 quid, as I want to resolve the issues with my central locking problem, where my hazards do not flash when arming/disarming.

Does anyone know where the unit is located? I have a 1999 Audi a4 1.9 tdi (its the facelift model).

thanks

olds_kool
26-04-2010, 09:56 PM
thats an interior sensor control unit, fits under rear bench, doubt its the problem

k3t4n
27-04-2010, 03:43 PM
ok so if I wanted to try this, would I just unplug the old unit and plug this in? would it stop my key from working? I've read somewhere that you need to have your key recoded with your alarm or it wont work. Can you advise please? also , if this is the wrong part, does anyone know what the correct part is? And where would it fit? Audi have suggested the alarm control unit MAY be at fault....would this be under the rear bench as well? Or in the boot under the carpet?

olds_kool
27-04-2010, 07:53 PM
the main alarm ecu is built into central locking pump, about £300+ new £100 used and if replaced then fobs will need recoding, diy if you have two keys

the part you have bought is a control unit for interior alarm sensors its the correct replacement i just doubt your original one is faulty, but just unplug old one and plug it in
it will not affect your keys

you need to get car scanned and see what codes are stored in pump

does alarm work?

k3t4n
27-04-2010, 11:16 PM
thanks for the reply. Yes the alarm works, as far as I can tell, only the indicators do NOT flash when arming/disarming. Once armed, the doors lock and the red light near door lock flashes. I have the 3 button remote, and can wind all windows down by holding down the unlock button, and vice versa when I hold down the lock button.

Really want to sort out alarm indicator flashing issue. Do you think this swap out of this part will make any difference, or am I looking at a min £100 for the central locking pump?

You said rear bench, presuming you mean the rear seats?

k3t4n
18-05-2010, 01:21 AM
ok pulled out the rear bench/seats, and managed to locate the interior sensor control unit. Havent replaced it yet, but will try in the next couple of days. Is my issue likely to be the main ecu in the central locking pump? Is that in the boot? If so, where exactly, and will I be able to swap out if I have 2 keys? or will it need recoding?