PDA

View Full Version : Kumho tyres

Jonnybegood
29-05-2007, 07:35 PM
I have an A3 S Line Diesel with 18inch wheels and currently Conti Sport Contact 2 tyres. I have been to see about replacing these at a cost £145 each. The guy in the Garage highly recommended the Kumho brand of tyre to me at £70 each, Said I would get just as much mileage out of them and reviews on them are good. I did some checking myself and they do seem a good mid range tyre and considering my car is a Diesel performance is not the attraction of the higher priced tyres. Anyone used these tyres or got any experience before I go ahead with a purchase tomorrow.

kevinm
30-05-2007, 09:50 AM
I fitted two Kumho KU31's to my golf gt tdi about two weeks ago. The grip is very good in both the wet and dry. I too did alot of research before buying.
The KU31 is a new tyre and has gotten alot of good reviews. Just be careful which kumho you go for as there are alot of soft compounds in the range. I got mine cheap on camskill.co.uk

Fettler
30-05-2007, 10:14 AM
I fitted two Kumho KU31's to my golf gt tdi about two weeks ago. The grip is very good in both the wet and dry. I too did alot of research before buying.
The KU31 is a new tyre and has gotten alot of good reviews. Just be careful which kumho you go for as there are alot of soft compounds in the range. I got mine cheap on camskill.co.uk

Very good tyre, and hey what you know thats my local tyre place.:D :D

http://www.camskill.co.uk/
Ask for Scott he the techie

Desdesigner
30-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Ive got KUMHO SUPRA 712 - 235/35R19 91Y. Came with the car and they seem to be wearing really well at the moment and at £88.97 for a 19" rim, thats cheap!

-Desdesigner

S2AVANT
30-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Our A3 tdi has Kumho tyres on it, I thought they may be a bit crap but they are suprising me in their grip and durability.
Can't fault them.

Jonnybegood
30-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the info, I have been to have the tyres fitted this morning and when I turned up they were going to fit Kumho 712s. £70 per tyre when I asked about the newer KU31 they were £90 fitted so for the extra £18 per tyre I went for a set of Goodyear F1s GSD3s. Did'nt really want this kind of high performance tyre but for the extra few quid thought the brand name reviews etc etc justified the decision.