PDA

View Full Version : Map-Sensor location Cant find??????

f1pods
25-04-2010, 06:14 PM
:1zhelp: Have purchased a map-sensor which i was told from VAG is the reason my car is going into limp mode from time 2 time , but i cant find where it plugs in on the engine. (And i dont mean maf-sensor, which is on top of the air box pipe!) Has anyone got any idear :confused:??? cheers / 06 leon mk2 2.0 tdi.

Crasher
25-04-2010, 06:54 PM
If it is a BKD engine, it is on the pipe which runs across the front of the engine. If it is a BKD, it is highly unlikely to be the thrust sensor at fault, usually it is the turbo.

only me
14-04-2013, 08:12 PM
hhi crasher, why do you say its not the sensor but more than likely the turbo, i know this thread is old but here goes my car has the same fault with p0238 code and p0113 code, and goes into limp mode, but if i clear the code whilst driving the turbo works as normal, the car only goes into limp mode when i drive the car slowly, when i use the turbo lots it is ok.
just curious as i dont want to buy a turbo then still have the problem, the turbo spins as it should so surely it is working ok? thanks in advance.

Crasher
14-04-2013, 09:20 PM
From your codes the Thrust sensor does appear to be faulty.

16622 (P0238) - Manifold Pressure/Boost Sensor (G31): Signal too High
Possible Symptoms

Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) active

Possible Causes

Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Manifold Pressure/Boost Sensor (G31) faulty
Manifold Pressure/Boost Sensor (G31) faulty

Possible Solutions

Check Wiring/Connector(s) from/to Manifold Pressure/Boost Sensor (G31)
Check Manifold Pressure/Boost Sensor (G31)

16497 (P0113) - Intake Air Temp. Sensor (G42): Signal too High
Possible Symptoms

Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON

Possible Causes

Fuse(s) faulty
Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Intake Air Temp. Sensor (G42) faulty
Intake Air Temp. Sensor (G42) faulty

Possible Solutions

Check Fuse(s)
Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Intake Air Temp. Sensor (G42)
Check/Replace Intake Air Temp. Sensor (G42)

only me
14-04-2013, 09:30 PM
thanks crasher, i'll check the wiring and sensors. annoying problem but hopefully wont cost much to sort, thanks again

towcestervag
21-04-2013, 10:06 PM
had this fault on passats
there is a modified wiring loom from sensor to engine ecu it costs about £28
if you read the measuring blocks for the intake air when reved the sensor goes to 130 degrees air temp

only me
21-04-2013, 11:01 PM
thanks again guys , fitted new sensor but didnt cure fault, so whilst fitting old sensor back in i noticed a glimmer of copper wire from the loom, anyway stripped thm back to reveal the brown and yellow entwinned wires both broken, due to rubbing on the other loom they pass by, so reconnected with straight connectors and heatshrink, and now the car is perfect afain, cheers for the pointers.:-)