PDA

View Full Version : A4 Cabriolet Baby Seat query

Big Fat Al
25-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Hi,

We are expecting a baby later this year and people are telling me I can't get a baby seat to fit an A4 Cabriolet. Does anyone know if this is true?:1zhelp::confused:

slackboy
25-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi,

We are expecting a baby later this year and people are telling me I can't get a baby seat to fit an A4 Cabriolet. Does anyone know if this is true?:1zhelp::confused:

Its not true. You can get any baby seat in the front if you turn the airbag off and a rear facing seat for a new born will fit in on the back seats.

Have a look at http://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/fit-finder to see seats that will fit in your car.

I found that Halfords are very helpful with choosing and fitting seats so its worth a trip down there.

The inevitable problem with a new born is getting the car seat in and out as well as the temptation to buy a really expensive/big pram that doesn't fit in the car.

In reality a child needs much less kit than you think and a Cabrio should swallow most of what you need even with the roof down.

Good luck.

ricktherazor
25-04-2010, 11:00 PM
I have a Brittax "First Class" seat in my A4 Cabrio. Some other seats with high backs need the head rests removing from the back seat as it clashes.