PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Concert compatibility for 02 A3

CampdenMR
19-04-2010, 03:15 PM
I have a 02 plate A3 1.8T and need to replace the original Concert Radio/CD player (Part Number 8L0 035 186 G - single DIN) which has now given up the ghost.

I have two questions:

1) Can anyone tell me what model this original unit is, ie. Concert I or Concert II? Thanks.

2) Who knows what are compatible models (part numbers if possible) to replace this original unit? I get the runaround from Audi on this and would greatly appreciate some accurate information on what would fit the dash and what I should be looking for on eBay when searching for a replacement unit. I'm told models for A4s and TTs might fit? Many thanks.

Hoping someone can help.

Cheers :1zhelp:

exdefender
21-04-2010, 09:18 AM
This may not be the most helpful reply but if nothing else u'll know people are speaking to you!

My a3 came with a standard tape player:aargh4: fitted but with a gap down both sides. i took a chance and bought a concert from ebay from a proper audio supplier who assured me it wud fit. I also bought an ipod connecter that works through the multichanger controls.

fits just like the other one with gaps down side but I have the ipod connector coming through one side.

So my advice, check with one of the independant audio sellers on ebay - they sem to know their stuff!

CampdenMR
21-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the good advice, exdefender. I'll check some of them out. Still would like to know what Concert head units fit my A3. Someone on the forum is bound to know this.

Thanks for the reply.