PDA

View Full Version : Voice guidance volume level problems

sprint
19-04-2010, 02:20 PM
I have a 09 plated A4 SE 2 .0 TDi with MM2 Sat Nav.

On a number of occasions the voice guidance voice level has re-set to zero.

The level has been pre-set via the user the menu but by some means goes to zero.

It is my understanding that it can only be adjusted via the set up menu, or is/can it be adjusted unintentionally via the steering wheel or consul manual volume knobs?

Is there a known software bug?

MFGF
19-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Hi,

If you happen to be using the volume thumbwheel on the steering wheel to turn the radio volume down at the exact moment a voice command is issued by the nav, you end up turning the voice guidance volume down, not the radio volume. This has caught me out a few times.

MF.

sprint
19-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Hi,

If you happen to be using the volume thumbwheel on the steering wheel to turn the radio volume down at the exact moment a voice command is issued by the nav, you end up turning the voice guidance volume down, not the radio volume. This has caught me out a few times.

MF.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you, or anybody else, know if this a issues that has been corrected by an update or something we just have to live with?

porty
20-04-2010, 04:47 PM
It is not something that Audi think need correcting, they have deliberately programmed it so that you can adjust the volume of the sat nav via the steering wheel - so when the radio is on, the volume thumbwheel adjusts the radio volume; and when the sat nav is on, the volume thumbwheel adjusts the sat nav volume.

sprint
20-04-2010, 06:53 PM
It is not something that Audi think need correcting, they have deliberately programmed it so that you can adjust the volume of the sat nav via the steering wheel - so when the radio is on, the volume thumbwheel adjusts the radio volume; and when the sat nav is on, the volume thumbwheel adjusts the sat nav volume.

Thanks for the reply, at least I now known why it is happening and how to avoid.

rd1
20-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Sprint,
took me a little while to work out why this was happening, but once I realised, I quite like the function particularly when the family are in the car and they get noisy. The other good thing is that you can push the repeat button and then adjust the sat nav volume up or down without going into the MMI.