PDA

View Full Version : Fiscon bluetooth review

Shadow CC
18-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Well after my jabra visor bluetooth speaker starting playing up a little I tought I'd investigate something a little better. Read everything I could find on the forum and plunked for the Fiscon basic plus bluetooth module for the 510.

Cost me £325 from Hazzydays who you can find on ebay and it arrived next day.

Couldn't wait to give it a go so sat on my drive illuminated by the interior lighting. Must have looked a bit dodgy as I lifted the fascia cover off with a blunt knife and got the unit out with the 4 torx screws in about 5 minutes. A bit too quick for my liking. Anyway you just unplug the 510, plug in the Fiscon in between push all the gubbins to the back and put it all back together. Slightly fiddly to find a route for the microphone under the steering wheel and up the a pillar but all done in less than an hour and I was probably slow.

My blackberry paired straight away and no vag com programming seemed to be required.

After that it's just a delight. Pairs as soon as you turn the stereo when you get in the car and has all the touch screen favourites/address book/recent calls etc you could want. Sound seems clear enough if a little dull and al controls are intuitive if you uses the sterring weels stalks. Lots of adjustments possible including microphone sensitivity!! so with a bit of fiddling I'm sure I can get it just so.

Overall mightily impressed and it's one extra that looks like it's been there all along.

I was very tempted to go the whole hog and buy the integrated sat nav but this was massive cash and for £200 you can buy something from TomTom which is better and portable, so I did.

Shadow CC.

redrolo
19-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Shadow,

Whats the reception like for the person at the other end please?

Thanks

Shadow CC
21-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Hi redrolo

reception seems ok for person on other line, although I've not been on the other line calling my car to judge if you get my drift. The good bit is you can adjust the microphone volume to get the right balance of road noise/voice so it's as good as it can be.

Shadow

leowfc
04-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Shadow,

Whats the reception like for the person at the other end please?

Thanks

"did not realise you were on a car kit" is the response I get. Must add that the mic is sitting visible on the door pillar not hidden behind the grill. May not be aesthetically pleasing however the supplier said it is the best place and makes a big difference in call quality.

Regards

Leo