PDA

View Full Version : A tampered Instrument panel

indian jalepeno
28-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi all, well my first purchase of an Audi is becomming a real nightmare. Not only have I just discovered that the drivers footwell is soaked through ( read up on the plug hole bits under battery etc - will be doing tomoz) but have noticed that the Instrument panel has been tampered with. I can see a couple of scratch marks on one side and it is slightly protroding out on the other side. OK its been clocked. I am now resigning myself to that fact. Stoopid of me, but I did do all the HPI checks etc. But in hindsight and all that....

What I want to know as in the intro to the subject title would there ever be another reason for this to be removed? OK, a broken one I'll start with but the car does have quite an extensive array of ICE and wires here and there, admittedly the install is a bit shabby with a wire on each side going out via the door hinges - again something I did not notice on inspection - blind FCUKa.

Like I said, resigned to it having been clocked, (shows 37k) however it does give conflicting evidence - the bodywork is fantastic, but some of the switches on the door cards have faded a bit.

What comeback do I have as this was an Ebay sale (oh ho), and he sells motors but acts as a private seller on there. He was selling it on behalf of the owner. I eventually dealt with the owner of the vehicle as he was unavailable. I got the car 3 weeks ago, been out of the country for two of them so apart from VOSA/DVLA what other options have I got? Tried the last garage on the service stamp to no avail last week. Will get in touch with the previous previous owner tomorrow. I have read that VAG COM holds the true mileage of the car in its ecu?? If this is true, anyone available around the lincs area to help me out please??!!

Thanks in advance

I J

jak
28-05-2007, 10:16 PM
The true milage can be checked with vag-com but there could be other reasons for dash removal. Shoddy wiring sounds a bit odd though.
Best o luck
John