PDA

View Full Version : Collected new Golf today !

bigmac_
16-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Just collected my new Golf Mk6 today and I absolutely love it!! :D It's just SO quiet!!

Golf S 1.4 TSI 122PS with metallic red paint, 15-in alloys, RCD 310 + MDI in arm rest, electric windows throughout, high line computer, leather trimmed wheel et al and fitted rubber mats throughout (bought the mats from a VW dealers eBay shop!)

Ordered Feb 16 and collected April 16 ! :eek:

Only annoying thing is they dealer only included the MDI USB cable, I've called about the iPod cable though. Hopefully I can pick one up tomorrow...

Happy as larry!! :biglaugh:

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/bigmac86_/IMG_0189_mod.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/bigmac86_/IMG_0188_mod.jpg

smithysmudger
16-04-2010, 07:02 PM
:biggthump Happy days I remember them well enjoy. :biggthump

markus_bms
16-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Fantastic..did you get urs on scrappage? Mine was ordered on the exact same date and was available for pickup first week of April but I have to get the funds sorted ;)
Can you list the procedure the dealer went through with you and what checks you did...
Am really regretting not getting the alloys on the S..:(

bigmac_
16-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah it was on the scrappage scheme, one of the last ones I expect!

The dealer didn't need much from me re. the part exchange, just the V5 and the latest MOT certificate. They took copies of everything else when it was purchased. I think he had more to do "behind the scenes" to complete the scrappage but nothing from me so he said he'd do it later.

Re. checks, the dealer was very thorough and went through everything with me (and I mean everything... it's as if I'd never driven a car before!), showed me the spare wheel and spare oil with no prompting... let me poke around briefly to check everything was OK.

Interior was all OK and the exterior was pretty immaculate. Only annoyance is they "forgot" the iPod cable, only the USB cable was in the arm rest. However I don't expect that will be difficult to get out of them! :)

You can always get the alloys added on... they might need to order them though? :)

I was worried that I wouldn't like the seats in the S vs. the seats in the SE, but I really do. I've been driving a 2.0 TDI Mk5 for the last month which has the "comfort" seats... but they give me back ache and feel far too small!! :D

markus_bms
16-04-2010, 10:02 PM
That's pretty neat! Mines on scrappage too; so looks like they are getting the priority.
Didn't think you got the spare oil anymore. I got all the options you did bar the wheels/310 (wanted to swap this for my current sony)..
Was wondering about the seats/trim on the S vs SE but glad to hear nothing too noticable:)
Which dealership did you get yours from..

dataconn
16-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Did you get the bottle opener?

I made my dealer write down the ipod and usb cables on my order (and bottle opener)!

bigmac_
16-04-2010, 10:13 PM
@marcus - well dont worry, very comfy! I just find the SE seats too restrictive in my movement. They also feel as if they're "pushing up" against me. And I get back ache... LOL! Got it from F Cross in Scunthorpe. Highly recommended!

@dataconn - yes I did. I never knew what people meant by bottle opener until I opened the little compartment next to the handbrake and realised what it contained. I don't quite get the point (it's not like you can crack open a bottle of beer.. ;)) but I like it! Nice touch! USB cable was there just no iPod cable :(

Keithuk
17-04-2010, 01:59 AM
and fitted rubber mats throughout (bought the mats from a VW dealers eBay shop!)

Nice shine to that motor. I’m afraid the mats aren't supplied with the S/SE or BlueMotion, and they aren't rubber. I bought some rubber mats from Halfords £14.99 front (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_16 3148_langId_-1_categoryId_165494) and £7.99 for the rear (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_16 3114_langId_-1_categoryId_165494) ;)

WeegieBob
17-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Enjoy!

WeegieBob. ;)

HHGTTG
17-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Talking about seats. I have an 'SE' and whilst I am reasonably comfortable now I find that the seats aren't as comfortable as my MK5s SE seats wwere and I can't quite fathom out why this is.
It is though the seats in the MK6 are slightly smaller and I am always aware of a seam pressing on me in the region of my right hand hip area and keep on thinking something is in my pocket, which it isn't.

bigmac_
17-04-2010, 09:38 AM
I’m afraid the mats aren't supplied with the S/SE or BlueMotion, and they aren't rubber. I bought some rubber mats from Halfords £14.99 front (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_16 3148_langId_-1_categoryId_165494) and £7.99 for the rear (http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_16 3114_langId_-1_categoryId_165494) ;)

Genuine Golf Mk6 Rubber Mats - Front (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-VW-Golf-Mk6-Front-Rubber-Mats-NEW-Stud-fit_W0QQitemZ170464682290QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item27b07ca132#ht _830wt_941)

Genuine Golf Mk6 Rubber Mats - Rear (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-VW-Golf-Mk6-Rear-Rubber-Floor-Mats-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ350293645152QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item518f20d760#ht _1196wt_941)

Cost a little more but fit the shape perfectly (have round fitting clips on the front mats) and have the Golf logo in them too. ;)

bigmac_
17-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Talking about seats. I have an 'SE' and whilst I am reasonably comfortable now I find that the seats aren't as comfortable as my MK5s SE seats wwere and I can't quite fathom out why this is.
It is though the seats in the MK6 are slightly smaller and I am always aware of a seam pressing on me in the region of my right hand hip area and keep on thinking something is in my pocket, which it isn't.

Yeah thats a better way of describing it... always feels like something's in your pocket, even when it isn't. It gets quite irritating.

Keithuk
17-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Cost a little more but fit the shape perfectly (have round fitting clips on the front mats) and have the Golf logo in them too. ;)
Yes but those weren't available when I bought mine. ;)

CGGolfV6
17-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Yeah thats a better way of describing it... always feels like something's in your pocket, even when it isn't. It gets quite irritating.

sorry, quoted wrong post, see below for correct posting from me

CGGolfV6
17-04-2010, 12:19 PM

Thank goodness, I thought it was me.
The seats in the new Golf SE (which I have had since Jan) didn't seem as comfortable as the last one (Match). I use to get out of it, even after long trips, with no discomfort.
I can't say the same for the new one and thought it was just me.
Glad, well in a way, that it is not just me. Just a shame VW have messed around with the good things from the 5th Gen. It took me 2 weeks to get a comfortable seating position in the new Golf, but it still doesn't feel 'just right'.

markus_bms
18-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Bigmac: meant to ask if the spare oil was in a bag or a tub? I was told it was provided by the dealer and not VW directly..
Did you get the Fixed service pack with it..paperwork all sorted then..

Am getting some mats from the dealer -carpet so will probably have to swap then out..
Anyone got any seat covers yet for the car -seems to be a limited choice.

Keithuk
18-04-2010, 12:39 PM
I've been thinking about this. If they have the fitting clips/studs that means you have to remove the original floor mats to fit these rubber ones over the studs. I don't see the point of this unless you live on a farm? ;)

Keithuk
18-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Anyone got any seat covers yet for the car -seems to be a limited choice.
Yes users have talked about seat covers on here, do a search. Other that that then I would suggest eBay. ;)

nicolasdec
18-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Can you get some shoots of the interior?? I really want to see the Leather steering wheel.

Keithuk
18-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Can you get some shoots of the interior?? I really want to see the Leather steering wheel.
What do you mean by shoots? Grass shoots, flower shoots or photo shoots? :biglaugh:

Just go to the dealer to look at the leather steering wheel and the interior. Or download all the Brochures (https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/order-a-brochure) ;)

nicolasdec
18-04-2010, 04:55 PM
What do you mean by shoots? Grass shoots, flower shoots or photo shoots? :biglaugh:

Just go to the dealer to look at the leather steering wheel and the interior. Or download all the Brochures (https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/order-a-brochure) ;)

Hehehe, I ment pictures. All of the pictures on the Brochures have the Multi function steering wheel. did you get the MFSW or the leather trimmed wheel? I'm looking for pictures of the leather trimmed wheel.

Keithuk
18-04-2010, 05:11 PM
The GTD is the MFSW (I presume you mean Multi Function Steering Whell) it looks and feels like leather. I think these are an option on other models at a price. ;)

nicolasdec
18-04-2010, 05:14 PM
The GTD is the MFSW (I presume you mean Multi Function Steering Whell) it looks and feels like leather. I think these are an option on other models at a price. ;)

Yea, the MFSW is an option on the Golf S and SE. But now theres also a Three spoke leather wheel. I wanted to see pictures of those.

bigmac_
18-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Bigmac: meant to ask if the spare oil was in a bag or a tub? I was told it was provided by the dealer and not VW directly..
Did you get the Fixed service pack with it..paperwork all sorted then..

It's in a bottle in a VW bag that velcro's onto the boot interior. It also has some gloves and a cardboard funnel etc in. My 2003 Polo came with exactly the same little kit.

I've been thinking about this. If they have the fitting clips/studs that means you have to remove the original floor mats to fit these rubber ones over the studs. I don't see the point of this unless you live on a farm? ;)

Keith, do I really want to trample water and mud into the carpet mats, so it absorbs into the weave of the mat and dries (or worse, soaks through to the carpet below) or just let the rubber mats protect the interior carpet of the vehicle? :p

They're also fantastically easy to clean... douse them with water (can be what's left in the bucket when you're doing the car!) and leave to try, rubbing with a cloth if necessary.

bigmac_
18-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Yea, the MFSW is an option on the Golf S and SE. But now theres also a Three spoke leather wheel. I wanted to see pictures of those.

Yeah sure, I took some more for a Facebook album but didn't upload them here.

If Keith looks closely he can see my farmers mats :biglaugh:

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/bigmac86_/IMG_0193.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/bigmac86_/IMG_0194.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/bigmac86_/IMG_0195.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/bigmac86_/IMG_0196.jpg

Lovely to handle... I didn't include it in my original order and went back to the dealer a few days later to get it put on quickly!

Unsure (currently) how to care for it in terms of ensuring the leather remains in good condition. Anyone got any tips? :)

HHGTTG
18-04-2010, 07:50 PM
I never ceased to be amazed how many car owners use their carpets or over carpets as the ONLY means or interior cover or protection. I know it's nice to see and have the feel of 'real' carpet under the driver's feet but it is totally impractical and carpet gets wet and can cause all sorts of problems, remaining damp and then looking horribly shabby.

I have said in the past, that I buy those coloured synthetic Polypropylene oblong mats, seen in various outlets such as large garden centres etc. They can be bought in various colour including dark grey an black and then can be cut to fit the driver's footwell exactly and as they have a rubberised backing, are waterproof and just be taken out and brushed with a stiff (ish) brush. They are about £8 ea. but the old one can be chucked away and replaced by a nice new one, each year if necessary.
No silly over carpets with or without logos, for me.

HHGTTG
18-04-2010, 07:54 PM
In my experience with rubber mats, particularly those from VW (which I have had) they become easily worn by your heels and develop a powdery appearance as the surface was worn away and in fact a pair I had; or at least the driver's one wore through to the carpet underneath!

bigmac_
18-04-2010, 07:55 PM
I know exactly what you mean HHGTTG. On my Polo I got big rubber mats from Halfords, which you also cut to shape (to a degree). They had really tall deep grooves for trapping all the dirt and little pebbles caught in my shoes, and really tall rims to trap any liquid to stop it just running off the mat.

During the recent snow/sub-zero weather spell we've had, I was always bringing in so much snow on my shoes. It collected on the mats in the day and froze every night, so every day I just lifted the mat out and wiggled it to break the ice off!

Can't really do that with the Golf because the accelerator pedal is on the floor not hanging above, hence the fitted mats.

bigmac_
18-04-2010, 07:56 PM
In my experience with rubber mats, particularly those from VW (which I have had) they become easily worn by your heels and develop a powdery appearance as the surface was worn away and in fact a pair I had; or at least the driver's one wore through to the carpet underneath!

Eeeeeek! Don't tell me that! ;)

Keithuk
18-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Keith, do I really want to trample water and mud into the carpet mats, so it absorbs into the weave of the mat and dries (or worse, soaks through to the carpet below) or just let the rubber mats protect the interior carpet of the vehicle? :p

They're also fantastically easy to clean... douse them with water (can be what's left in the bucket when you're doing the car!) and leave to try, rubbing with a cloth if necessary.
No I didn't say that.

If they have the fitting clips/studs that means you have to remove the original floor mats to fit these rubber ones over the studs.
If they have studs on then you have to remove the original mats to fit them.

No I don't get any water/mud/dirt on my original mats.

I never ceased to be amazed how many car owners use their carpets or over carpets as the ONLY means or interior cover or protection.
Thats everyones personal choice. ;)

HHGTTG
19-04-2010, 09:00 AM
No I didn't say that.

If they have studs on then you have to remove the original mats to fit them.

No I don't get any water/mud/dirt on my original mats.

Thats everyones personal choice. ;)
Of course it's everyone's personal choice but I was telling you how it is in real life especially with the abominable winter we have just experienced and how carpet mats alone would be ruined by such weather or look very yucky, pretty quickly

HHGTTG
19-04-2010, 10:01 AM
For what it is worth, here's a piccy.

http://i42.tinypic.com/161gldy.jpg

Keithuk
19-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Of course it's everyone's personal choice but I was telling you how it is in real life especially with the abominable winter we have just experienced
We've never had abominable winters for many many years. Do you remember the winter of 1963? It was something like 13 weeks of deep snow.

I know it's nice to see and have the feel of 'real' carpet under the driver's feet but it is totally impractical and carpet gets wet and can cause all sorts of problems, remaining damp and then looking horribly shabby.
So how come your picture is a carpet on a carpet? ;)

HHGTTG
19-04-2010, 03:44 PM
We've never had abominable winters for many many years. Do you remember the winter of 1963? It was something like 13 weeks of deep snow.

So how come your picture is a carpet on a carpet? ;)
Yes, I was up and running around in my AH Sprite in that year in question and had been driving cars for about 17 years by then. IIRC the snow started on New Year's eve and the bad weather with deep snow drifts lasted until well in to March.

Regards carpet, the piece shown is a synthetic PP pile and has a rubber backing and so doesn't come under the Wilton or Axeminster grade of domestic carpet. As I said earlier, rubber mats (which, incidentally are under the one shown) don't seem to last 5 minutes' as my heels wear them away leaving holes in them.

markus_bms
22-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Bigmac: My dealer claims there is no oil provided: Would you be able to take a pic of the bag so that I can query him about this.. Much obliged!
Oh by the way did you get a decent tank of fuel too :)

HHGTTG
22-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Bigmac: My dealer claims there is no oil provided: Would you be able to take a pic of the bag so that I can query him about this.. Much obliged!
Oh by the way did you get a decent tank of fuel too :)
To my knowledge, no top up oil is provided. I've never had it in this Golf nor the one before.
I had enough petrol for about 80 miles but the car I p/x had enough for about 250 miles.

You're never going to win with VW dealers and why would you expect to?

Gerryf
22-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Just collected my new Golf Mk6 today and I absolutely love it!! :D It's just SO quiet!!

Golf S 1.4 TSI 122PS with metallic red paint, 15-in alloys, RCD 310 + MDI in arm rest, electric windows throughout, high line computer, leather trimmed wheel et al and fitted rubber mats throughout (bought the mats from a VW dealers eBay shop!)

Ordered Feb 16 and collected April 16 ! :eek:

Only annoying thing is they dealer only included the MDI USB cable, I've called about the iPod cable though. Hopefully I can pick one up tomorrow...

Happy as larry!! :biglaugh:

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/bigmac86_/IMG_0189_mod.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/bigmac86_/IMG_0188_mod.jpg

It's a beaut Bigmac......happy motoring

Keithuk
22-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Golf S 1.4, RCD 310 + MDI in arm rest

Well if it has a RCD 310 + MDI then the iPod socket is on the front of the arm rest mine is. Or do you mean you want the iPod to socket cable, eBay? ;)

eddie230668
22-04-2010, 09:12 PM
The usb cable is put in at the factory. The ipod cable is put in by the dealer. Mine was missing and had to ring the dealer for it which they posted to me.

SC03OTT
22-04-2010, 09:53 PM
I had enough petrol for about 80 miles but the car I p/x had enough for about 250 miles.

You're never going to win with VW dealers and why would you expect to?

That's why you buy an undesireable Golf based saloon. I got 2 tanks of diesel when I bought mine ;)

markus_bms
30-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Bigmac: Tried PMing you but was not successful. Any chance of getting a photo of that velcro bag containing the bits (oil/funnel) you'd mentioned :)
I think its supplied in some cars and dealers have some say..?

Keithuk
30-04-2010, 04:38 PM
It's in a bottle in a VW bag that velcro's onto the boot interior. It also has some gloves and a cardboard funnel etc in. My 2003 Polo came with exactly the same little kit.
I've never heard of this VW bag with oil, funnel and gloves. But you say it was in your 2003 Polo well that was a long time ago things have changed since. ;)

HHGTTG
30-04-2010, 05:20 PM
I've never heard of this VW bag with oil, funnel and gloves. But you say it was in your 2003 Polo well that was a long time ago things have changed since. ;)
You don't get it now, to my knowledge. In two Golfs, I've not had any top up oils provided in that small receptacle in the right hand side of the boot.

Keithuk
30-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Well all that I'm going buy is the Checklist for picking up a new golf??? (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=80080&highlight=checklist) that states

21 If there is no top up oil in a little bag in the boot ask for some. ;)

johnloaderuk
30-04-2010, 07:31 PM
On my seventh VW in a row, and up until my 2005 Passat, always had the bag with one litre of oil in it, so I kept the last one, luckily, as my 2010 Passat didn't have one. It now sits firmly velcrowed in my boot, and that's how I still carry my oil today. A simple but really useful freebie.

As someone has already mentioned, the cost of putting a litre of oil plus the cost of the bag and gloves in each VW sold must have come to rather a lot of money.

Keithuk
30-04-2010, 09:11 PM
As someone has already mentioned, the cost of putting a litre of oil plus the cost of the bag and gloves in each VW sold must have come to rather a lot of money.
Yes I have.

As a quick example if VW sell 100,000 cars and they add a litre of oil £10 to each car the at a quick calc that will reduce the profit margine by £1,000,000. Obviously the will get the oil cheaper. Yes plus they are saving the cost of these bags anf gloves. A cardboard funnel will only be a recycled one. ;)

johnloaderuk
01-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Yes I have.

As a quick example if VW sell 100,000 cars and they add a litre of oil £10 to each car the at a quick calc that will reduce the profit margine by £1,000,000. Obviously the will get the oil cheaper. Yes plus they are saving the cost of these bags anf gloves. A cardboard funnel will only be a recycled one. ;)

Imagine if they gave this with every car sold worldwide, that's a lot of money. Follow link to see worldwide sales for 2009 - suddenly 100,000 cars seems nothing.

https://www.volkswagen-media-services.com/medias_publish/ms/content/en/pressemitteilungen/2010/01/11/volkswagen_group_reports.standard.gid-oeffentlichkeit.html

May also explain why delivery times can be a bit long, despite them having several worldwide manufacturing facilities.

Keithuk
01-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the link John. I see that the Volkswagen Golf named World Car Of The Year. ;)

bigmac_
04-05-2010, 04:40 PM
@ marcus_bms:

Sorry for lack of reply I've been away. Oil pics attached.
Enjoying the golf? :) I read in another post you've picked it up...

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/bigmac86_/IMG_0209.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/bigmac86_/IMG_0207.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/bigmac86_/IMG_0206.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/bigmac86_/IMG_0208.jpg

markus_bms
04-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks for posting pics bigmac! I have to say that does look nice and official! Did ask my lot for some oil but it was a NO :) As you'd mentioned it was velcro'd i looked in there and asked but they said VW stopped supplying oil..

Car is great so far; runs smoothly and looks sleek.. Touch wood it remains that way! :)

Keithuk
04-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Nice pics bigmac.

markus_bms I asked and I got some. ;)

Maxlibertas
05-05-2010, 04:08 PM
@bigmac,

From the pics, you have been given Castrol SLX, I do not think Castrol SLX does not meet VW 504.00 spec which is the recommended oil for TSI engines.
As far as I know Castrol Edge and Mobil 1 ESP meets the 504.00 criteria.

Probably your vehicle is supplied with long service regime ( You can check this on the little label supplied with the car on the delivery, if you see code QG1 the vehicle is on long service regime, if you see QG0 it is on the fixed service regime.)

Not too sure what happens if you use Castrol SLX for top-ups or emergencies but I think there was a section in the manual about it.