PDA

View Full Version : I HATE screws and nails!!!

RickT
14-04-2010, 10:43 PM
I HATE screws and nails!!!

Yesterday.... tyre looked a bit flat... had a scan around the edge and found a big dirty nail poking out, guess where...... on the outer edge......

Went to the garage.... got the news i expected.... too close the the edge... got a part worn put on as it matched the other with tread depth and make.. (P600)

Tonight......... thought... I will just check the other tyres and make sure there ok seen as though I have some bigs miles to do this weekend... and guess what.... 1 nail and 1 screw in the other side front tyre....... and guess where the screw is.............. yes.... you got it..... the outer edge!!

ARGGGGGGGGG !!

Rant over!!

Rick

Crasher
14-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Many (over 20) years ago I managed to scrape enough money together to buy the car of my dreams, a 1983 Golf 1 GTI, which I still own. It needed one new tyre as it had a dirty great screw sticking out of it, which was annoying as I had only fitted the tyres a few weeks before; it was a customers car so maintained to perfection you see, which is why I bought it. So off I went to have a nice new Uniroyal 340 fitted (yes I loved Uni’s then too) and proudly made my way how to show the future (and current) Mrs Crasher what her new job had allowed me to buy. On the way home, I stopped at the newsagent and when I got back in the car and set off down the road, the car was thumping and banging at the back. I got out and took a look at the new tyre and found a pair of full size scissors had gone in the tyre and back out again flat to the tread without puncturing it but had completely ruined it. I was skint and rather knobbed off!

RickT
14-04-2010, 11:41 PM
. On the way home, I stopped at the newsagent and when I got back in the car and set off down the road, the car was thumping and banging at the back. I got out and took a look at the new tyre and found a pair of full size scissors had gone in the tyre and back out again flat to the tread without puncturing it but had completely ruined it. I was skint and rather knobbed off!

Ha... that made me laugh... just picturing it happening! I bet you were a bit brassed off to say the least! :beerchug:

Eshrules
15-04-2010, 07:32 AM
I don't think I can top Crasher's colourful story, but I was rather miffed when I spent a good £2/300 fitting new tyres to all four corners on the golf.

I was further miffed when all 4 tyres got slashed by some little scrote.

What makes it worse (!) is that they got slashed, whilst I was house sitting for my <censored> of an ex mother in law!

Crasher
15-04-2010, 09:16 AM
I was further miffed when all 4 tyres got slashed by some little scrote.

No that’s worse, ones an accident, the other mindless vandalism. I came into work this morning and a chap was waiting with a 2007 S3, some evil gits had kicked off both his door mirrors, about £700 worth of damage and he has a £3k excess. The ally caps are £165 each!

Eshrules
15-04-2010, 09:23 AM
No that’s worse, ones an accident, the other mindless vandalism. I came into work this morning and a chap was waiting with a 2007 S3, some evil gits had kicked off both his door mirrors, about £700 worth of damage and he has a £3k excess. The ally caps are £165 each!

that's not the first time I've heard or seen that, but I'd thought it had died down - I feel for the poor bloke :(

The Fingers
15-04-2010, 09:41 AM
well for a nail in a tyre i have probably the worst experience.

Years ago when they first came out i had a A2 TDI Sport (bread van with windows which rocked with the wipers on wierd!!!), i know what your all thinking!!!! A2????? it was a gift!!!! i was down south on holiday (devon and cornwall) and drove over some nice middle of no where road on exmoor. when out of the mist we saw some nice mini ponies and decided to pull over to have a gander, this is when the fun began.

Got back in the car and set off, something is not right. I had somehow managed to get a six inch nail stuck in the side wall. Yes a six inch nail on the top of exmoor, how did that get ther? Aw well time for spare. Looking in the boot and NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO:aargh4::aargh4::aargh4::aargh4: a tin of gooooo

i uses the gooo and while pumping back up it all just spewed out of the hole the nail had caused and would not hold any pressure at all.........not working!!!!!

Ni signal on phone so had to walk about three miles to get a signal

Phones audi assist:1zhelp::1zhelp:. No problem young man we will be with you within the hour.

20 mins later yes 20 mins a low loader appears, on the back and off we go.

Seeing that low loader was like watching kirt russell appearing out of a smokey front door on dack draft - RESULT

Tire bill put through buisness ;) - RESULT NUMBER 2

RickT
15-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Things just get worse........

This morning rushing out of the house at 7:15am,, I thought.... i need to top up the oil as the light came on yesterday...

Rushing as you do... topped up the oil and then "knock"... the oil cap falls off the top of the block and onto the under tray !!! ARRGGG!!!

10 mins later and 2 rear torx screws from the under tracy removed and the cap was back in my hand...

Off back inside for another shower... !!!

I will go get an another part worn tyre in a bit!!

Rick

MalcQV
15-04-2010, 10:44 AM
My first car I had chrome 8 spokes wheels and American Bias belted Pos-A-Traction Torque Twisters. They were utterly useless but with the white letters made me think my car was cool. This was 1981 and each tyre cost me £50, more than a weeks wages.

Some **** slit every single tyre with a knife. I never bought them again.

RUSSGT
16-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Many (over 20) years ago I managed to scrape enough money together to buy the car of my dreams, a 1983 Golf 1 GTI, which I still own. It needed one new tyre as it had a dirty great screw sticking out of it, which was annoying as I had only fitted the tyres a few weeks before; it was a customers car so maintained to perfection you see, which is why I bought it. So off I went to have a nice new Uniroyal 340 fitted (yes I loved Uni’s then too) and proudly made my way how to show the future (and current) Mrs Crasher what her new job had allowed me to buy. On the way home, I stopped at the newsagent and when I got back in the car and set off down the road, the car was thumping and banging at the back. I got out and took a look at the new tyre and found a pair of full size scissors had gone in the tyre and back out again flat to the tread without puncturing it but had completely ruined it. I was skint and rather knobbed off!

So that's what really happened to Edward Scissorhands :D

Crasher
16-04-2010, 01:52 PM
I didn’t notice a body…:D

zollaf
16-04-2010, 02:12 PM
10mm drill bits are worse. a friend had one go through the middle of his tread, but also went straight through his alloy as well.