PDA

View Full Version : Please Help A4 Avant - Rear washer fluid leaking into interior headlining!

mccrj
14-04-2010, 01:23 PM
I have a 2.0TDi 170 Quattro Sline Special Edition; one of the last B7's.

I bought the car used (Audi approved) about 6 months ago and would say that the rear washer has never been particularly good. The pump seemed to make quite a bit of noise when operated and not much washer fluid ended up on the rear window.

Last night, after I had used the rear washer quite a bit, my son noticed that the headlining near the left hand end of the passenger sun visor was wet :confused:. After having a bit of a sniff :Blush2: I determined that the offending liquid was indeed windscreen washer fluid.

I've queried my local dealer as to whether this type of fault would be covered under warranty; the reply was 'possibly, but only after they've had a look by which time they may have to charge me for labour to have a look if they decide it's not covered.' :zx11:

:1zhelp: Does anyone know of any obvious cause for such a problem and more importantly if it is straight forward to fix.

Cheers :beerchug: in advance for your replies.

kite
14-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Take the car back, the pipe has split or come apart at a join, of course its covered under warranty

mccrj
14-04-2010, 02:16 PM
I would take the car back, but I bought it from Tonbridge Audi and I live in Newecastle which is 300 miles away. The nice lady at Newcastle Audi said it may not be covered if the pipe has split due to a blockage. I would have assumed that the pipes were made of sterner stuff!!!!

kite
14-04-2010, 02:34 PM
your local dealer should honour the warranty as it was an "approved" sale.

mccrj
14-04-2010, 02:39 PM
your local dealer should honour the warranty as it was an "approved" sale.

Thanks for that kite

I would have thought it was covered as well.
It's booked in for Weds. 21st next week.

I'll let you know what happens, assuming you're interested :Blush:

kite
14-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Always interested in the result !!

mccrj
23-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Good news!
Leak fixed and Audi Newcastle aggreed the fix was cover under warranty.
They've order a new headliner as well.

kite
23-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Result

MFGF
23-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Result

Yep. Great service from Newcastle Audi there!:banana: