PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 2006 Audi A6 - Bringing it up to showroom

ruggedscot
12-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Well Ive decided the car needs some attention spent on the body - me thinks its a carwash car and the body work has lots of minor scratches - non too deep all over the body and Im wondering where to start and how to do it properly to give the body work a good going over and restore the body to looking good again. I see loads of swirls and light scratches when in the sun and wonder if this can be removed or minimised.

JimC64
13-04-2010, 08:15 AM
Hey there RS, I have an A6 (07) in similar condition probably down in part to my less than perfect wash technique. There's more than a few swirls around the body, with some hologramming ( dealer inflicted ) as well as a few RDS.:(
The answer?? unless of course you are knowledgable, have the tools / money / time etc etc is to get her detailed:approve:
For probably in the region of £300 - £400 you could get her paint corrected.
This should remove the swirls and other defects giving as near a flawless finish as possible.
Why not check out the detailing section and see what I mean, or go to www.detailingworld.co.uk (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk)
You 'll see plenty of examples of cars like yours with before n after pics n videos too:approve:
Good luck

-Mat-
21-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I assume that that is your car in the avatar? The swirls and minor scratches can be removed via machine polishing (rotary or DA). If you don't have one, then you could do it by hand.

If by hand, Auto Glym SRP should fill and reduce the appearance of swirls. However, I prefer Dodo Juice Lime Prime over SRP. I've also heard (and seen) results from Poorboys Blackhole..... That works very well by hand...

After that, make sure you protect all your hard work with a high quality carnauba wax

Hope that helps

Mat

belfastmark
27-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Hi
Meguires do products, one called swirl x and one called ( I think ) ! scratch x. I would give one of those a try with a buffing machine. If you dont fancy doing it yourself, check out a few valeting shops and get a few prices. I wouldn't expect this job to be any more than £30
Good luck and happy motoring !