PDA

View Full Version : throttle position sensor !!!!

b__007
12-04-2010, 12:52 PM
i have had my car pluged into a diognostic test at my local garage and its come back saying throttle position sensor i have no clue what it is and how much it costs ??? also anyone know who can do it quite cheap inc parts thanks !!!!!

Crasher
12-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Knowing what kind of car it is would be quite helpful and the fault code number would be useful.

b__007
12-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Knowing what kind of car it is would be quite helpful and the fault code number would be useful.

mk4 golf 1.4s t reg dont know the fault code just the bloke at garage said its saying throttle position sensor

Crasher
12-04-2010, 01:19 PM
That will be the throttle body and it probably just needs cleaning and resetting. I expect it is stalling. Without the fault code we are a little lost to help you as they don’t have a separately replaceable throttle position sensor as such, it is inside the throttle body.

b__007
12-04-2010, 01:21 PM
That will be the throttle body and it probably just needs cleaning and resetting. I expect it is stalling. Without the fault code we are a little lost to help you as they don’t have a separately replaceable throttle position sensor as such, it is inside the throttle body

so i just need to clean it out ? also it only stalls when engine warms up to 90 just drops revs thanks for your help mate really apreciate it

Crasher
12-04-2010, 01:30 PM
It has to bee removed and carefully scrubbed clean internally using aerosol carb cleaner. After it has been re-fitted, it needs to be reset to the engines computer using a diagnostic computer system. This MAY cure the problem but not definitely.