PDA

View Full Version : Passat 130tdi brake fault!

mike1
23-02-2006, 08:01 PM
My car is due for service and the "check brake pads" warning light has come on (there is still a fair bit of material on all pads). Today when driving the "STOP - Brake Failure" come on/off several trimes. The brakes seemed fine and the warning did finally dissapear - does anybody know if this is to further encourage you to get it in the garage? - which I intend to soon. Thanks

6Speeder
24-02-2006, 02:20 AM
Could be a dodgy connection on one of the pad sensors (which IMHO are a waste of time on any car). The brake failure messege is a bit more disturbing tho...they could be both connected..or maybe not. If i were you i'd get it into the garage sooner rather than later, they'll put a diagnostic scanner on it and it maybe come up with something.

Good luck

Neolithian
19-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Hi,

Have also had this problem on a 04 TDi passat, was rectified by topping up the brake fluid reservoir which tends to get lower as your brake pads wear down, check this as a possibility.

Trevor.

pmax
19-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Hi Mike,

Had the same fault on my 54' plate Passat, The fluid level was slightly low, this i found was due to the inner pad on the nearside rear, had stuck on the slide and was worn far more that the outer pad. Replaced pads and no more warnings since.:biglaugh:

Paul