PDA

View Full Version : 2000 sharan 1.8t

planetnz
07-04-2010, 07:04 AM
HI

accelerator pedal pulses and aircon display does the same.

im new here so still finding my way around this site. I have a 200o SHARAN 1.8 Turbo and from what i can see reading up on this particular model is they have a mind of their own!

I have 3 issues I hope you can help me with

First is I have noticed after working on my car today I now have a new problem in that the aircon heater display pulses like it has a short (on/off) and the accelerator pedal lowers and lifts at the same time, you can feel it under foot!? im kinda guessing theres is a relay playing up? (whats the connection??) I did rewire a broken trailer plug (previous owner) as well and my first thought i may have stuffed up although I used my multi meter first and did check each connection before resoldering and heatshrinking. I have since cut this and checked again still the same problem... I intend to chuck the multi meter on the fuse board in the morning and see if one of the circuits is getting intermitant power but any ideas!? (no i dont have a wiring diagram but hell its a weird fault!) no it hasnt done it before

Second
Airbag light: Is there a shortcut way to reset the light?? I have a OBDII scanner but it wont connect, apparently because of this particular model. Im gussing this was triped because of flat battery and installing a new replacement. Is there a "trick" to reset it? (please dont say to get dealer to reset, its not helpfull!..)

Third: the steering rack inner joints, are they adjustable?

Many thanks guys, I look forward to your replies:)