PDA

View Full Version : Question Windscreen demister problem.

gbdxo
06-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi all,

I have just bought a Touran sport (04) with climatronic.

When I press the windscreen demisted button. the fan speeds up, you can hear a flap close but no air comes out of the windscreen port. It appears to go into recircuation.
If you then press the 'recirc' button, the light comes on and air comes out of the windscreen ports.

Is there any Aircon reset procedure or bite codes as my Passat had? It seems to be a little out of sync.

Please help if you can.

Steve :1zhelp:

Dizzydave
18-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Just a suggestion but I had similar problems with my Sharan, which were solved by just replacing the polen filter. Its a pig of a job to but worth it.

Good luck

gbdxo
24-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Solved the problem!

The airflow problem kept coming back and the fault remained permanently with lots of clicking.
I bought a k+commander 1.4 from eBay ( mainly to confirm my ABS ESP light problem). On target 44 climatronic I read the fault code 04FA (1274 in decimal) V71 airflow flap position motor.
Vw wanted £96+vat. Audi had one with a damaged box for £20.
Once the glove box was removed I removed the 2 shiny metal small hex screws at the side of the recirc flap and fiddled with the 2 clips and out came a plastic carrier with 2 motors on it. V71 was at the rear. One hex screw holds the motor in place. I tested the climatronic system to make sure the motors moved and made sure they were in the correct positions. Whilst holding the 2 flaps in the correct positions I fiddled the carrier back in position. Tested the system again to make sure nothing was jamming and fitted the glove box.
Cleared the fault with the test cable and all is well.
Next job. The ABS module :-(

Any questions, just ask.