PDA

View Full Version : Heater controls flashing any ideas

Roo65
06-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Hi when I turn my ignition on the heater control panel flashes all the digital information (i.e fan speed temp etc) on and off and finally settles down after about a minute once the car is running, anyone got any ideas as to what is causing this?

Thanks

planetnz
07-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Hey mate, i have just listed the same problem so im guessing its a visual warning to a fault (yea ok duh) Is you accelerator pedal "Pulsing" as well? (put you foot on it gently and you will feel it) let me know if you get an answer!

sharansporttdi
23-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Hi when I turn my ignition on the heater control panel flashes all the digital information (i.e fan speed temp etc) on and off and finally settles down after about a minute once the car is running, anyone got any ideas as to what is causing this?

Thanks

Yo Chap. Did you ever resolve this? My Climatic control unit does exactly the same when you turn the ignition on. If you turn off the unit, then back on again, no flashing.

Just bought a brand new control unit and it does the same thing. Is it trying to let me know that I have a problem with my aircon??

Roo65
24-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Never got an answer, but going into local VW dealer tomorrow as the aux heater is not working now either so if it is connected I will let you know

Crasher
24-11-2010, 04:45 PM
The flashing display indicates that a fault code is stored in the system.

sharansporttdi
24-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Never got an answer, but going into local VW dealer tomorrow as the aux heater is not working now either so if it is connected I will let you know

I was thinking the same thing. Will speak to a local VW centre and see if they know the answer.

If I get some info, I'll let you know and vise versa.

Cheers :beerchug:

sharansporttdi
24-11-2010, 08:50 PM
The flashing display indicates that a fault code is stored in the system.

Can you be a bit more specific? Where are the fault codes stored?? Are they in an ecu or is there a separate "brain" for the air con. Is this specifically an air con "system" or mearly just a heater system?

Apologies for what might be obvious to you VW experts, but I've just bought a brand new genuine climatic control unit (not cheap :aargh4:believing it to be my unit at fault.

THanks for any input or advice.

Cheers :beerchug:

Roo65
26-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Been to VW today flashing climate control panel indicates aircon problem. Mine had a split pipe located in the drivers wheel arch, apparently quite common for these cars.

Crasher
27-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Can you be a bit more specific?

You need to read the codes stored in the control panel using a diagnostic computer although I have heard some people say it is possible to bring the codes up on the panel but I have never seen or tried this.