PDA

View Full Version : Question central locking indicator problems

monkeyhanger
06-04-2010, 05:11 PM
hey wonder if anyone could help,

2002 tdi passat, when i lock doors left side indicator stays on. Have to disconnect battery to make it go off. when i unlock doors it seems fine only happening when i lock the doors. also happens when i use key to lock doors aswell.

any ideas?

cheers dave

martin1810
06-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Have you had wet passenger carpets and damaged ccm wiring under the passenger seat. There is a connection from the ccm to the indicator relay that makes the indicators flash when you set the alarm. At least one person on here got so fed up with it they cut the wires....no flash at all then :D

Chipped2
06-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Could be that your door lock on the passenger side, which has microswitches built-in, has possibly failed to register that the door is closed and is therefore showing that the door remains open? The switches in the lock can have broken solder joints following repeated closing/slamming of the door.

It is sometimes possible to remove lock and resolder but when my 2002 drivers lock switch failed it was because a microswitch 'toggle' had broken and couldn't be fixed or replaced. Had to buy the whole lock mechanism complete with new circuit board with its microswitches/motor etc. Approx £100. Passenger side is probably simpler and cheaper.

The answer could also be as the previous post has stated.

monkeyhanger
07-04-2010, 01:40 PM
yeah checked ccm and wiring today, a little damp but all wires look fine. dried it all out and it was the same. still indicator on intermitently. more annoying than anything else. dont suppose anybody knows which wire it is? think ill just cut it, i aint that botherd about lights flashing when i lock doors. its also got 180000 miles on it aswell just use it for going to work and back.

thanx for help

dave

martin1810
07-04-2010, 02:24 PM
I did post which wire to cut but can't remember now. EDIT: Try cutting black/green and black/white wires from ccm. If you cut them and it works you know you have the right ones. If it don't work, just solder them back together.

vwpassat19tdi
08-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Just for information,

I had the same problem last year and found that the relay contacts on the CCM module were sticking, probably due to damp conditions. Unfortunately I didn't have time to research finding a replacement relay due to impending MOT so had to have a new CCM.