PDA

View Full Version : Please Help A3 1.8T Sport 'sticking' throttle.

Confused
06-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Hello, hope you can help. I went to work in my wife's A3 last night, and the performance is not what I would expect from this car. It seems slow to accelerate, with no real oomph, and when off the throttle it takes ages for the revs to drop, even when stopped the idle is still around 1200 most of the time, only occasionally dropping back to 800ish. Also, and I'm not sure if this is related, the temperature gauge is only reading about 60, and sometimes nothing at all. Any idea where the sender is located? I replaced the MAF last year to cure a massive flat spot that developed, and gave it a full service at the same time. I hardly ever drive this car, so have no idea how long it has been like this. Thanks for looking.

lee172
06-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Have you considered the temperature sensor? it could be maf sensor again i think these go all the time. (im not too sure tho)

Confused
06-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Have you considered the temperature sensor? it could be maf sensor again i think these go all the time. (im not too sure tho)

Hello Lee, I wondered if the problem could be related to the temperature sensor, any idea where it is located, and if it can be tested, or is it just a case of replace it and see? Thanks.

lee172
06-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Im not too sure on your engine, i believe it would be to the right side of the engine. You could get the car on diagnostics to see, im sure a coolant temp sensor should show a fault code.
If it was me i would probably change it anyway, i dont think they are very expensive.

Confused
06-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks for that, I'll try to get one tomorrow...........................