PDA

View Full Version : Door Seal Squeek

Geofferson2007
04-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I've had my A4 143ps SE for just over a week now (Ibis White) and when the car is wet, the drivers door rubber seal squeak (or more like squelches) every time I go over a bump.

I've tried some silicone lubricant but it doesn't make any difference. I can actually make the noise if I grab the door handle and pull it up or down.

Can anyone suggest a fix, other than taking it back to the dealer??

Thanks very much.

Geoff

Alan02
04-04-2010, 03:28 PM
I wouldn`t even bother. Take it back to the dealer. That way, anything you would have done to try and cure it wont affect a warranty claim in the future.

Hippogriff
05-04-2010, 01:20 PM
From new, I had a door seal 'whistle' at 65mph.

Took it to the dealer, whistle gone - but, it turns out, they broke a clip in the door at the same time and just left it - so then I got a rattle.

Took it to the dealer, they said they'd fixed it, but I then got a buzzing.

Took it to the dealer, they put some insulation in - buzzing went, but there was a real awful (loud) vibration noise, when setting off on hills and on certain music tracks, coming from the front of the door.

Took it the dealer, they said there was a loose grommet. They fixed that.

Seems more or less OK now.

Car been in Audi for several days, I've been on buses and have been walking, as couldn't be bothered to wait several weeks for a courtesy car.

I'm sure there's a moral to this story. Maybe it's... walking helps you lose weight?

jakerade
06-04-2010, 10:57 AM
silicon spray needs to go on the seal between the front and rear windows (eg the vertical one on the back door when the front door is open.

Been living with this as dealer doesnt seem to ever fix it despite me telling them what the problem is!

Audi Happy
13-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Add another one to the list, mine does exactly the same but just recently it has started to do it when its dry as well, I've told the dealer a couple of times and they recon to have solved it but they havent. I found that wrapping some insulating tape around the door catch reduces it as it reduces the movement in the door slightly. Ideally i want to move the catch a fraction but i havent got any torx sockets so i cant.