PDA

View Full Version : B8 build time

redg60syncro
03-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Hi all, I ordered my A4 Allroad 7 weeks ago and am not aware of any build date. The dealer assures me this is a normal occurance but I think he's taking the P**s. Was assured that delivery would be late April, what do you think?

Thanks Sean

Bratty
04-04-2010, 12:49 AM
I would say optimistic at the least, and I would also be swaywed towards the fact that the DEALERSHIP is not taking the **** they are just not knowledgeable enough (there might be many good salespersons but for everyone of them there are infinite amounts of bullshitters:confused:).
Contact AUDI UK Help Line with your comission/order number.

Dunk

Geordie Amanda
04-04-2010, 01:41 AM
I ordered a 3.0 tdi A4 Saloon, last week and the dealer said it was possible it would arrive early to mid June. My problem is if it comes at the end of June I am not available to sign the finance docs (I explained this at the time) and if the car comes after June, the PCP deal will not be honoured. The result will be me receiving a refund of my deposit and looking elsewhere for a new car. I am trying to stay positive, but if I have not heard of a build date by the week after next, I will chase the salesman up.

Interestingly enough, as I have ordered a slightly unusual spec for a 3.0 A4 (full ADS and Sport Diff) it could in theory bring my build forward. This can sometimes happen in new car orders because of the (almost) ‘Just in Time’ system. If there are a few components in the pipe line for a less popular item and an order comes in, the order can get moved forward to save the parts waiting a build vehicle. Bit of a long shot, but possible.

ScottyUK
04-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Ask your dealer how he can give a delivery date if he hasn't got a build date?

In fact just demand the commission number then call Audi Customer Services. They'll ask why you're not askign your dealer and you can tell them ;)

Geordie Amanda
04-04-2010, 01:19 PM
When I was selling cars I always got asked when ‘it’ would be built/delivered and you have to give the customer some sort of answer. I always told the customer it was a guess, but based on current trends and lead times of similar cars ordered at that time. I then checked regularly till the dates appeared on our system and then rang the customer to update them. Even then it was not terribly accurate. I had a woman who went loopy and every few days she would come to see where her car was (it was going to be a full 3 months away). She then demanded I track the ship! I couldn’t find the ship because Nissan didn’t seem to know. We offered her an identical car (the managers X-Trail) that she could use till hers came. She still ranted at me 2 or 3 times a week (very unpleasant woman) and I eventually snapped (shame on me) and told her politely but firmly that we were doing all we could and no matter how hard we tried, we couldn’t make the ship sail faster…………………….. I didn’t deal with her again and although my commission went to a different salesperson, I was relieved to get this harpie off my back. Funny thing was the car appeared a week later, a whole month faster than the system had said it would :D

Selling cars is a difficult job and you rarely get much thanks for your efforts.

ScottyUK
04-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Just re-reading this thread ....

After 7 weeks you should have it nailed down by now. By A4 Avant took 8 weeks from order to actual delivery so not telling you when after 7 is plain crazy.

cpd1
04-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Just re-reading this thread ....

After 7 weeks you should have it nailed down by now. By A4 Avant took 8 weeks from order to actual delivery so not telling you when after 7 is plain crazy.

Agreed with Scotty. Ordered my Allroad last year on April 10, order was confirmed within 1 wk with Audi, com number given shortly afterwards, car build on week 23 which was first days of June, picked up on Jun. 29 so 10 wks is about normal lead time.
So no way the dealer doesn't have an accurate build week 7 weeks after ordering. The good thing is you might get a MY 11 which traditionally kicks off end of May for a MY10 price. As Scotty mentioned, just get a comission number out of him and call Audi UK, take the opportunity to check your car spec with them just in case ;)

Geordie Amanda
26-04-2010, 09:39 PM
I ordered mine at the end of March and I still don’t have a build date yet. I think I will give it a week or two more, but after that I will chase it up again. If the car goes into the next quarter, my dealer has agreed to absorb the slight increase in finance so I will keep the same deal. At this rate I will be getting a 2011 MY :D

porty
26-04-2010, 11:58 PM
I ordered my S4 in late May last year and I had confirmation of the week in which it would be built within a week of placing the order. My car arrived at the dealer in the second half of August and I collected on 1 September.

Ardy
28-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Hiya, Ordered my A4 back end of Feb and was given a build week almost straight away, week 18. Still no delivery date but i would imagine thats just because they dont know when the next boat leaves:p, anyhew was assured late may early June.

So in total im expecting about 12-15 weeks really, which to be fair is pretty much what i was told form the beginning. So aye in my opinion you should defo of had your build date at least.

MFGF
28-04-2010, 10:28 AM
If it makes you feel any better, a poster over on the A6 forum has just ordered his new Le Mans, and been told to expect delivery some time in October!!!

MF.

Ashford
28-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Ordered A4 via fleet leasing company at start of March and latest estimated delivery date is mid-August. But may be even later due to summer factory close down? Will MY2011 have arrived by then?

Someone I know has just receieved A6 Le Mans with extras after only 8 weeks.

Q5 now January delivery apparently.

All things come to those who wait. Paitience is virtue. etc etc.

Andy Grob
29-04-2010, 12:35 PM
2.0 Tdie 136, Brill Red, Leather, B & O, Storage pack...ordered on the 29th March, 3 weeks later dealer gave me a build date of 17th May, expected to be ready to collect 2nd week in June.

So far so good!!!:biglaugh:

Geordie Amanda
29-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I think my spec is what might hold mine up :(

mobblers
30-04-2010, 12:28 AM
I ordered an S4 on 10th April and I received a phone call from the salesman on Monday telling me that it should be built at the end of May and be ready for collection by the middle of June. That would be a delivery time of about 8 weeks after ordering so I'm quite chuffed about that :p (apologies for being so smug to anyone who's been waiting for their car for a while).