PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Remote Key

Deetees
01-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Due to sheer incompetence on my part, I have managed to lose one (of 2) remote keys for my 2008 CC GT :Blush2:.

Local dealer has quoted 195 pounds for a new one ("including parts & labour, sir").

Are they taking the michael ? Is this really the going rate ?

Meanwhile a colleague has given me a 'blank' which he had obtained from eBay for his Passat saloon, which he never got around to getting programmed - it looks and feels the same as the CC key - how do I go about getting it programmed to match my CC ?.

Even if I can get it electronically paired up, I will need to get the metal spare key cut as the one in the fleabay key does not match mine - how/where can I get this done ?

gamichea
02-04-2010, 01:52 PM
I think a search in the B6 forum will find threads covering this issue. Vehicle locksmiths may be able to help at a more reasonable cost. I do not remember anyone reporting a VW dealer wanting less than £100 for a programmed fob and emergency key.

When I bought my B6 saloon May 2006 I enquired about just a spare emergency key and was quoted £35 + programming + VAT. No way do I find my dealer expensive on the parts and service side of things.