PDA

View Full Version : Aircondition clogging

proto
26-05-2007, 07:18 PM
I have an 1998 A8 quattro 4.2lt and the pipe that lets the water the aircondition produces drip on the street is clogged. So, water keeps dripping on the driver's foot on every right turn. How easy is it to reach the pipe and unclog it. The car has gone to the repair store 3 times. They remove the water but it seems that they don't unclog the pipe, so the problem reappears after 3-4 months.

QuattroA8
29-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I have an 1998 A8 quattro 4.2lt and the pipe that lets the water the aircondition produces drip on the street is clogged. So, water keeps dripping on the driver's foot on every right turn. How easy is it to reach the pipe and unclog it. The car has gone to the repair store 3 times. They remove the water but it seems that they don't unclog the pipe, so the problem reappears after 3-4 months.

Hi. sorry me about my english,because I am speak just 3 mouths,but about your problem it`s not big problem just two hours work, if you need help send me text to my e-mail tatjana.j@ntlworld.com I ask my english frends hi can translate for you what I meen.

Ska
29-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Have a look at this http://www.audipages.com/Tech_Articles/heatac/exaporatordrains.html
I used a hose pipe and jubilee clip to clear the darins on my car:biggthump

Stevieboy
25-06-2007, 09:39 PM

The problem is 4 drainage holes that block up 2 are just inside the front wheel arch,s and are easy to clear but the other 2 are the ones that cause the problem and are located under the fresh air intake and are practically uneccessable the easiest way is to clear them is get a bit of wire and push it under from the left hand side as you look at the car (first remove the cover around the brake resevoir)