PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Audi A4 Coil Pack

Foz037
31-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

Ive just joined this site hoping you can help me.

I own a 2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sport with 72,000 miles on the clock.

A couple of weeks ago I notice that when accelerating the car would lose power (felt like someone putting the brake on as I was trying to go!!). It only happened for a couple of seconds as when I took my foot of the accelerator and put it back on again this fixed the problem, until it happen again a couple of miles down the road!!

Anyway, I decided it could be one of the filters clogged, so I carried out a full service, including a spark plug change. Whilst doing the service the fuel filter was clogged, so i thought id found my problem!!

This wasnt the case though and the car started doing the problem again.

Last night I decided to check the coil packs, a couple of them had "popped" out. I know for a fact that before i changed the spark plugs they were secure.

I "popped" them back in, took if for a drive, and the car did the same pulling back thing every know and then. i came home, checked the packs, and one of them had popped out. So just to be sure, I popped it back in, took it for a drive, and hurray, nothing happened. I came home, checked the coil packs and they were all secure!!! Until the Next Time.

Im sure it is a knock on effect, and Im sure the original problem was the fuel filter, and thats fixed and now the coil packs are loose, which is causing same problem.

I want to know is it the cars way of telling me the coil packs have had it and to change them, or could i secure them with one of the clamps you can buy????? Or can anyone help with the diagnoses, if they dont think it is the coil pack??!!

Your help guys is much appreciated, Thanks