PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Central Locking Help

jamiecorbett
30-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Hi, Jetta Newbie here.
Took the plunge and bought a Jetta - Which I admit I Love to bits compared to my previous citroen!

However - the central locking is a mystery to me.
When I click door open on the fob - the drivers door opens/unlocks, but no others.
I understand this to be in settings?
Ideally i'd like all doors to open/unlock - is this possible?

Also, my only gripe with the Jetta is the Boot opening, currently it opens on key fob after double clicking all doors open (& then using the boot key afterwards).

What i'd reallly like is to click ' open doors' on the fob - and for all doors and boot to be unlocked

Is this possible?
2006 1.9tdi s trendline.

Flash2
03-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Hi Jamie. Do you physically have to insert the key into the boot lid to open it?
If that's the case it sounds like either the micro switch in the handle or the release actuator is faulty.
I assume you only have a two button remote on the key?
Does the Jetta have a boot release switch on the drivers door trim? If so, does that open the boot?

Jim.

deepict
04-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Take a look in the user manual booklet 3.1 - Controls. Pages 19-24 should describe the features that can configure. Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to open the boot & unlock the doors with a single button press.

Hi, Jetta Newbie here.
Took the plunge and bought a Jetta - Which I admit I Love to bits compared to my previous citroen!

However - the central locking is a mystery to me.
When I click door open on the fob - the drivers door opens/unlocks, but no others.
I understand this to be in settings?
Ideally i'd like all doors to open/unlock - is this possible?

Also, my only gripe with the Jetta is the Boot opening, currently it opens on key fob after double clicking all doors open (& then using the boot key afterwards).

What i'd reallly like is to click ' open doors' on the fob - and for all doors and boot to be unlocked

Is this possible?
2006 1.9tdi s trendline.

jamiecorbett
05-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Its (fob) has 3 buttons, but looking in the manual i can see where it's changed.
I also have a issue with the electric mirrors (the right controls the left also) and the boot release is either 'boot full open' or 'just opened'.
Going to take it to the dealership under warranty as i'm not entirley confident that re-setting to factory default is something I want to do myself - plus it needs a few other jobs sorted aswell.