PDA

View Full Version : Replacing casette player

MrLou
30-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Hi,

My soon to be arriving A3 TDI only has the casette player, which these days is no use to man or beast!

I was hoping to refit with either an Audi original CD player or, if it's easier and cheaper an off-the-shelf head unit.

What I'd really like is something that I can plug my iPod or iPhone into. Bluetooth would be good too.

Any advice on how to proceed would be much appreciated.

Darrellspeed
30-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi I've just been asking my local Audi engineer about doing this to my s3, apparently one of the head units supports an ipod adapter now so it can be installed if you want that, i'm not sure which way to go ive just bought an audi concert cd head unit and will be getting my mate to fit that not sure about giving up the 6 disc changer for an ipod though.

faisalgti
02-04-2010, 04:00 AM
Goin through the same motions atm. Got the cassete palyer in car, want to change it to the audi cd player to keep the original look but i dont see the point in gettig the cd player if it isnt mp3 anyway

i have a really good panasonic stereo but dont wana ruin the original look or not be able to use the cd changer. the good thing about the stereo though is that i can changet the lights to red or white to go with the dash lights and also ipod/bluetooth concctn..

still though i am nowhere near making my mind up, any suggestions would be appreciated, such as have you put an aftermarket stereo in your a3?did it look any good?

then again i suppose its about the sound lol oh the confusion

MrLou
02-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Yes.

I was thinking of getting one of the OEM units to replace it but as I can't get a good integrated solution that will give me ipod, bluetooth etc then I'm going to go aftermarket.

I bought a Panasonic for my previous car it had front USB, iPod and bluetooth, was around £120 and very simple to fit, seems like the easiest option.

jrm91
08-04-2010, 10:38 AM
I fitted an aftermarket alpine headunit, with aux ipod dock in the glovebox, cd and usb audio in, looks fine in the car, and the lighting on it even matches my dials as its red

MrLou
19-04-2010, 02:25 PM
Finally have the car :)

I'm wavering between adding a bluetooth and iPod interface or simply going with an aftermarket head unit.

I quite like the factory look, and there's a handy place to stow an iPod below the AC controls.

If I can find something that will do both jobs (BT and iPod) then that'll be enough, else I think it's going to have to be aftermarket.