PDA

View Full Version : Turbo for my 2.0l 8valve???

nane4u
29-03-2010, 06:37 PM
hello all,
was wondering if anyone had any information on putting a turbo in my golf mk4 gti 115Bhp. It has the 2.0L 8valve engine in it. anyone have info on parts i'd need.

any info is greatly appreciated

Jimbo

Issac Hunt
29-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Not another one!

Never build a car you can buy.

Just buy a turbo'd Golf if you want one. It'll be WAY cheaper and easier as I'm guessing if you need to ask what parts you need, you dont have the skills to do the job yourself, hence you will be paying lots of labour charges as well as parts.

zollaf
29-03-2010, 08:03 PM
sensible advice there. anything can have a turbo bolted onto it, but you have to upgrade your brakes and suspension as well, not to mention mapping the ecu and loads of other things. the cost will be a lot more than buying a golf turbo, even before you sell your current car.

nane4u
01-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks guys, think your right about the turbo.
I'm just a bit bored with the power of the car now i've had it for a while.
I relise the 8 valve engine isn't the best to play about with i've looked at remaps but the power gain isn't really worth the cost IMO.
I know i might be asking the same old silly questions but is it worth doing anything to the engine/car to give me a bit more power or should i just accept the fact that the engine is not the one i want.
Selling the car would be a major hastle for me just now.

Any thoughts

Thanks again.

Issac Hunt
01-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Its harsh to say but your throwing good money after bad tuning an 8v 2.0litre

As you say, a remap adds almost nothing. You'd be better off saving whatever you'd spend trying to "tune" it towards your next car. Whatever you spend on 'mods' will be totally wasted - you neevr get your money back come resale time. Put the cash in the bank instead.

Just the benefit of hindsight, I've spent thousands trying to 'polish a turd' and I wish I hadnt. If I'd have saved the money I would have had enough to buy a newer car instead.

nane4u
01-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Thanks issac. think your right. maybe next year i'll get a car with a bigger engine.

cheers for your help.:beerchug: