PDA

View Full Version : Please Help some advice please!

isolde29
29-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum having just bought a 2005 VW passat 2.0 tdi sport (140bhp & 45,0000 miles on clock). My local garage recommended remapping as it would increase the performace and mpg. I have spent quite a while researching this on various websites (including this one!) and it seems like a good thing to do.

However, I have seen some people have problems with the clutch after doing this - how prevalent is this?? Also can anyone recommend a good place in Leeds to get it done? I appreciate that this subject has probably been done to death, however I would appreciate any comments / help you guys in passat land can give me :-)

Thanks!

caldirun
29-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum having just bought a 2005 VW passat 2.0 tdi sport (140bhp & 45,0000 miles on clock). My local garage recommended remapping as it would increase the performace and mpg. I have spent quite a while researching this on various websites (including this one!) and it seems like a good thing to do.

However, I have seen some people have problems with the clutch after doing this - how prevalent is this?? Also can anyone recommend a good place in Leeds to get it done? I appreciate that this subject has probably been done to death, however I would appreciate any comments / help you guys in passat land can give me :-)

Thanks!
You would do better on the 2005 on forum as you have a 2.0 tdi