PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 2.0 tdi wont rev or tickover??

MRGSLINE
27-03-2010, 10:01 PM
hi everyone totally new here,my 2.0 tdi s line today decided not to work properley!!it will start and run for approx 3/4 seconds but will not rev and then cuts out?also there is greyish smoke coming out of exhaust too when running for the short period it does any help would be much appreciated car has full audi history and is just coming up to 124000k

a8 tech
27-03-2010, 10:38 PM
Remove the egr valve and try to start it as your fault sounds like the flap has failed

MRGSLINE
27-03-2010, 11:39 PM
thanks a8 tech will try and let u know how i get on:beerchug:

MRGSLINE
28-03-2010, 03:42 PM
checked egr today,had a mate round with code reader looks like its the wiring going to the injectors will get one from audi tomorrow mate is gonna fit for me:approve:

matta4
28-03-2010, 04:14 PM
have you checked all your intercooler pipes are connected? what fault codes did you get

MRGSLINE
28-03-2010, 04:33 PM
yes checked all intercooler pipes all ok,dont know the exact codes myself its my mates code reader it was sumthin to to with cylinder one and four

matta4
28-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Could be the wiring in the head or injectors or possibly the lift pump lots of variables with this unfortunately. I would find someone with vag com to do a full scan or you may spend money you dont need to otherwise. Ive replaced a few injector looms on these engines but never had one that wont run at all due to it they have usually just run lumpy it may be worth checking the fuel filter too these engines like good fuel flow

MRGSLINE
28-03-2010, 05:35 PM
thanks for that i will look into that we did get it to run on 3 very lumpy by fiddling with the wiring im hoping not injectors they are big money to replace!!!i will let u know how i get on thanks again;)

MRGSLINE
01-04-2010, 07:10 PM
still not having much joy with this matter,changed injector loom,checked injectors individually,all ok,found engine will run when we removed the breather pipe off the cam cover,comes from the tandem pump connects to cam cover and goes down front of engine soon as this pipe is reconnected the engine cuts out??any more ideas people?:beerchug:

ukdan
01-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Engine being starved of air maybe?
Have you checked airfilter/pipes?

Clint1093
02-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Hi, not sure if this will help, my 2006 2.0TDI 140 lost all power due to a faulty EGR valve the car would start and rev normally when stationary, but when driving lost all power and struggled to pull up hill, the engine revs would rise but the car would slow down. The car was taken to a main Audi dealer who checked on the diagnostic which indicated the EGR valve, now replaced the problem is resolved. During this problem at no time did any of the warning lights appear on the dash.
As I said this may not be the problem but maybe worth checking out;)

hi everyone totally new here,my 2.0 tdi s line today decided not to work properley!!it will start and run for approx 3/4 seconds but will not rev and then cuts out?also there is greyish smoke coming out of exhaust too when running for the short period it does any help would be much appreciated car has full audi history and is just coming up to 124000k