PDA

View Full Version : Please Help A3 speedo nedded please help!!

Jimbo1.8t
26-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Im looking for a second hand speedo for my 1999 1.8t a3, the code is 8L0 919 910 G, can anyone help me out, maybe know where a breaking 1.8t A3 is?

Thanks for looking!!

jrm91
08-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Hello not sure if this is any help, but is your old one faulty? If so it is much cheaper and easier to repair your existing speedo, as the immboliser is built into its, so if you purchase a new one, that will need to be recoded, my speedo is faulty at the moment and ive just sent it for repair to cluster repairs uk. Hope this helps, if not there are plenty of speedos knocking around on ebay

Crasher
08-04-2010, 10:47 AM
Certainly having the original repaired is much less complicated than fitting a new or used one as it (usually) avoids the hassle of having the immobiliser re-coded. The only downside is the car is off the road whilst the panel is away.

Jimbo1.8t
13-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Hello not sure if this is any help, but is your old one faulty? If so it is much cheaper and easier to repair your existing speedo, as the immboliser is built into its, so if you purchase a new one, that will need to be recoded, my speedo is faulty at the moment and ive just sent it for repair to cluster repairs uk. Hope this helps, if not there are plenty of speedos knocking around on ebay

did this fix your speedo because i sent it away to a company that fixes them and they said it couldn't be fixed because they didn't make the bit that was broken anymore, and charged me £35 for the privilage!